“Such a Peaceful Place on Earth!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Caravanserai to your Saves list
Caravanserai
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   264, Ouled Ben Rahmoune, Marrakech 40000 , Morocco   |
Ranked #195 of 474 Hotels in Marrakech
“Such a Peaceful Place on Earth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I fell in love with this place for it being so peaceful and relaxed and at the same time offering you some fun.

It is also very authentic (the floor, walls...decorations...so many details catching your eye...). I loved bathrooms: spacious, archaic (my friend's bath was made of clay I guess! Like in movies..) and modern as well (concerning comfort)! Bed really comfortable so slept like a baby...

I was also very happy about the personelle. Every single person working there was very kind and helpful. They could speak different languages very well and were very organized.

I would strongly recomment this place for people looking for a place to relax as well as for romantic time. It is just so peaceful!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at Caravanserai for a long weekend before a friends wedding (to get some sun!) It was perfect for this. My first time in Morocco I wasn't sure what to expect. The drive to Caravanserai did make me slightly nervous as the taxi driver didn't know where it was and it is a 20 minute drive out of the centre - which we loved as it felt more relaxing. The village that caravanserai is in is very poor and you will probably wonder where you are going! However, as soon as you enter Caravanserai it's like another world - very tranquil and beautiful. The pool is lovely and has traditional Moroccan architecture. The staff are extremely friendly and Mohammed, the manager, was brilliant. Only get a taxi organised by the hotel - they give you their number at night and are extremely helpful. I will definitely return - perfect place for either a romantic break or with friends. The food isn't anything amazing but fine for lunches and breakfast - we got rather used to eating cake and pancakes for breakfast! Don't expect utter luxury but the friendliness and charm makes it amazing.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I could not rate this hotel any higher. The four days I spent there with my sister were mezmerising. The hotel is in a small village outside of the city centre which suited us perfectly as the city, as beautiful as it is, is full on. We never felt stuck at the hotel though as the staff were delightfully obliging with organising drivers and taxis for us. They insisted on doing this for our safety and so we wouldn't get ripped off. One of the drivers, Khalid, is the loveliest man who gave us lots of information about the city - albeit he only spoke French. The hotel itself is beautiful with lots of surprising nooks and cranies to explore. Our room was huge with a beautiful terrace and was very clean. The staff could not have been more welcoming and helpful when you needed something and were a joy to talk to. The manager Oumri partcularly captivated me with stories of Morocco and the people so much so that I will be planning a trip back! The hotel is also quite intimate so we got to make friends with the other guests. And the food was top quality. All in all it was a wonderful trip.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

It was very nice stay with my friends! Perfect service, rooms are clean hotel is in perfect place, food was very good.100% I will come back here for a longer time. As a tourist I can hightly recommend for everyone!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Poprad, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2015

I wasn't in Marrakech first time, but this time was it our best choice , wonderful place, excellent service, amazing experience. We couldn't have asked for more, come up to expectations, Thank you !!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2015

A little bit of the beaten track, quiet location, with beautiful swimming pool and well kept garden. Very charming. Nice place to stay, very well designed. Comfortable rooms (we got one of the suites). Great staff, friendly, helpful. They made our stay in Marrakech an unforgettable experience. I can highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Woolhope, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2015

We arrived late at night and the hotel sent their transport shuttle to collect us from the airport. The driver was very welcoming. He speaks a little English and French.. We had agreed to pay the driver.We knew we were out of the town. We have stayed in Palmerai before so knew the rough distance. I became a little concerned when we left the made up road for a dirt track which became worse as it climbed a hill, past many houses and through a poor area.
We arrived to a friendly welcome and very good English. We signed in and had to leave all our passports except the children.
They had kept the bar area open so we could have refreshments, but no food was available. We were taken to our room which consisted of a lounge with two single beds, a main bedroom with a super king bed, a bathroom with a massive concrete bath and a private roof terrace with sail style sun shade covers. We overlooked the inner courtyard with its swimming pool which is unheated. The hotel is beautiful but old. And has lots of cracks and imperfections, which we would not accept in our homes.
Breakfast was between 8-10 and was basic but you could request omelette. There were usually two types of pancake, bread and cake, orange slices, sometimes a local cheese, olives, jam and honey and once some yogurt. I personally would have preferred to have more variety for breakfast as we stayed here for a week.
If you wanted lunch or dinner, you needed to order in the morning. The menu was tagine based with various meats and some other Moroccan dishes. They did serve chips to a fashion. There was not so good a selection for vegetarians. They served a pigeon pastilla which could also have easily become a vegetable pastilla to add another choice on the menu. There appeared to be no fish choices. If you were staying and eating here for a week, I have to say you probably would find the menu monotonous. We had a beautiful vegetable tagine and couscous and it was probably one of the best flavoured dishes we had whilst in Marrakech!
The staff were very obliging. They went out of their way to arrange trips which I will write about in a different review. They were happy to talk and help and play with the children. They even have pet tortoises there.
There are many areas to sit and sunbathe or sit in the shade. They have numerous birds which visit the swimming pool area and are a pleasure to watch. They provide some board games and have a pool table for your enjoyment.
We enjoyed our stay and would stay again for a couple of days.
Our dislikes about the hotel were:- 1. It's distance. 2. Having to ask for toilet paper always for the cloakrooms 3. Lack of varied menu and running out of things. If they could get two out of three sorted this place would be AMAZING and not the very good I've rated it.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Caravanserai? Share your experiences!