“Wonderfull golf” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Marrakech
“Wonderfull golf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I've played this course on January 2014.
The design is vers interesting.
I've never played à course like that in morocco.
All the maintenance is perfect, Green speed, fairways, bunker, landscape are clean.

The staff on front are very welcoming and smilling.
The first golf in Marrakech where staff speak fluent english.

On the restaurant the view on the atlas is wonderfull and se enjoy the lunch.

All the staff is dressed ( caddy, green keeping team, restaurant, staff...).

We Will back à gain on March.

Golferfrance

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Samanah golf”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My wife and I came to Marrakech to play golf in January and managed to time it with the only 3 wet days for 4 months. We did however enjoy our golf particularly at the Royal and Amelkis. Samanah is without doubt a good golf course with exceptional fairways and greens. It did however have the feel of a nuclear winter as the whole course was surrounded by part built breeze block monstrosities that will one day be villas. In fairness we played the coure on a grey dank day and couldn't see the mountains and everywhere looks so much better with blue skies and the sun but all we could see was an immature golf course in the middle of a building site.
Caddies are obligatory and ours hardly had a word of english and gabbled away to each other all the way round and if my caddie had tut tutted once more when I missed a 4 footer I would have done something inadvisable with my putter.
This is definitely a course for the better golfer - we play off 13 and 15 and got fed up with being faced with yet another 4 or 5 iron into a heavily bunkerd green after a decent drive.
This course wasn't for me, but if you play off 5 and aren't looking for a visual delight it is undoubtedly a good challenge.
Good luck.

London
3 attraction reviews
“Xmas Golf in Marrakech”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Please note - my review/rating is based upon playing golf abroad for a number of years in Europe, USA and SEA. I did not play other courses in Morocco, so I cannot compare like for like for comparison.

Positives

The course was in very good condition - especially the greens

It is close to Medina in Marrakech (approx 20 mins/500Dhs)

Practice facilities are ok

A caddy is not mandatory

Negatives

The course is very basic, it does not involve a lot of thinking or is much of a challenge.

The hire clubs are awful (Nicklaus clubs)- flat stick putter (no choice of a mallet), graphite shafts, no steels, cellotape on grips, look like someone has played with them on tarmac.

The clubhouse despite appearing to be fairly new, is falling to pieces

The staff in the shop could not have been more unhelpful. Told me how busy they were, and also said same to a couple I paired up with despite there being less than 20 people on the course!

The bar does not sell alcohol

The complex around the course for housing are all shells. Looks like they have run out of money part way through.

All in all for £110+ for green fee, buggy hire, and club hire - this was probably the most expensive round of golf for value I have ever played.

I enjoyed it all the same - a round of golf is always better than being at work - but if Morocco ever thinks it can compete with Spain/Portugal (which should be it's target market from all of the courses they are building) they need to think again on how to run a golf course club.

Visited December 2013
Tiptree, Essex
32 attraction reviews
“A quality golf resort inlc course and clubhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We played this Nicklaus designed golf course on a busy Thursday at 10:30 so it was warm. Located about a 20 minute drive from the centre of Marrakech this desert course features wide and long fairways with many strategically placed bunkers. A good test of golf - but fair. Playing off H13 - off the white tees - I was fortunate to start well and hit to 36 points; but thanks to my caddy helping with the read of putts.
Greens were as good as in the UK and the course was very well looked after. Water only really comes into play on 2 holes. As is usual nowadays! Lots of half started villas around the course but also many finished and used.
If you walk - as we wanted to - caddies are compulsory. Carry bags and clean clubs & help read putts (trust them - they do know) and for 150D although we gave 200D each (so £15). Showered afterwards with towels provided and a locker. After a great 18 holes, time to relax on the terrace of the clubhouse where we had a good meal with alcohol now served.
We booked through yourgolftravel in the UK and £45 (locally it is 750 D per person - so about £50).
Highly recommend. Would go again.

Entrerrios
4 attraction reviews
“The best golf course in Marrakech?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Forget your Almelkis, Al Maadens, Royal, Palmaraie etc. this is a proper golf course!Located about a 20 minute drive from the centre of Marrakech this Jack Nicklaus designed desert course features wide and long fairways with many strategically placed bunkers ( that actually have real sand in them) , immaculate and very tricky undulating greens and a fair bit of water that comes in to play.All in all a great layout, great scenery and no two holes alike.The clubhouse which is a bit monolithic Moroccan, nevertheless has good facilities and is fairly new.The service again was up a notch from the rest with a friendly welcome from Caddy Master Rachid? who first organised our caddies and clubs then took us to the practice range.After a great 18 holes, time to relax on the terrace of the clubhouse where we had a good meal with the only slight downside being no alcohol served. If you´re serious about your golf then the two to play in Marrakech are Assoufid Golf( if you can get on) and Samanah Country Club.
PS. A special mention to Rachid who drove us to the airport when our taxi failed to turn up.Now that´s what I call service!

Visited December 2012