“Excellent, Excellent, Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 1,046 Marrakech B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Excellent, Excellent, Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I loved this authentic riad. We are both interior designers in the US and we were blown away by the beauty and originality of the design of all the rooms that we had access to. Our own bedroom was stunning-the star suite. It is spacious having a bed and sofa within the room but not a separate room. The bathroom was pretty and we had a great shower especially when compare with the other three hotels we stayed in during our morocco tour.
The staff were incredibly friendly offerring us complimentary mint tea whenever we wanted it-which was pretty often! We had a moroccan banquet which was the best meal of our trip by far.
We loved the little dipping pool. Riad star ws booked up for two of our five nights stay and so we booked a two night stay at their sister riad hotel called riad cinnamon. Hassan (the bell boy) made the transition completely painless as he transferred our bags whilst we were out on an excursion to the ourika vally and we returned in the late afternoon to find everything safely in our new room. We also loved riad Cinnamon for its simplicity and cool chic design.
Staff at both of our riads were amazingly helpful again especially compared with service that we had experienced at other similar and higher end hotels in Morocco and in Europe. We had several unusual requests such as wanting to have a belly dancing lesson and a drumming lesson. this was arranged without any trouble. We were even offerred a cookery lesson which we would have loved to have done but our time ran out and so we will have to return next year. Many thanks, Parker and Suzanne

Room Tip: we stayed in the star suite which was beautiful. the josephine baker suite is also a good size and e...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a stay at this beautifully characteristic riad. It was my husband's first time in Marrakech so when we arrived in the main square he was a bit taken back by the amount of chaotic activity and various sounds that unfolded before us. As we snaked our way through the narrow streets to the riad he was beginning to wonder where exactly we were going to stay! Both he and I were pleasantly surprised by what lay behind the door.
It is my second stay in Marrakech but I was just as excited as the first time, the riad's décor is warm and inviting with props and furnishings that harp back to the 1940's, the time at which famous Jazz performer Josephine Baker would have resided there. Each room is appropriately named, we stayed in the Jazz room which was absolutely lovely and boasted lanterns and a gorgeous set of stain glassed doors which opened out onto the terrace overlooking the riad's courtyard and dipping pool.
We paid for the welcome meal which was romantic and set amongst the costumes and glamour of the main dining area. Every morning we enjoyed a sumptuous breakfast prepared by the riad's cook.
I had booked most of the activities prior to flying out from London and these included a hamman and massage, dinner and dancing at Compoir Marrakech and more. We also enjoyed a sight seeing caleche tour and a memorable trip to Ouzoud waterfalls arranged through the riad owner(which I would recommend very highly).
The location of this riad is slightly off the beat and track, which isn't great for those without good navigation skills like me! This being said, it would never deter us from a return visit and with so much more to see and do in Morocco, I am sure we will be back sooner rather than later!
Just before our departure we were presented with a delicious surprise cake to mark our anniversary and my husband's birthday...another special touch/show of attention to detail which sums- up the entire experience of Riad Star.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Jazz room which has a big comfortable bed, lovely furnishings and a nice sized bath...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Excellent stay at this lovely Riad made extra special by Abdul who helped us enjoy our stay in Marrakech. He recommended lovely restaurants and walked us to and from them - nothing was too much trouble. He also organised trips for us - he was the Riad Star!
The food was very good and I had a Moroccan bath which was excellent. All in all a gem of place in the busy Modena.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stayed here in November 2013. The two main staff were fantasticly helpful. My wife is Gluten Free and the young cook made her special "bread" for breakfast (different types each days), so she had a full and filling breakfast each day.

The young man running the Riad, suggested places to eat which were great, even which were the best stalls in the market to eat at in the evening.

We were fortunate to meet the owners and they were lovely too. We understand they have a couple of other Riads around about.

We loved wandering through the streets. And felt very save even when out at midnight.

Room Tip: We had the one on the roof, because I had to sleep on the roof. A lot of steps but worth it. Shuffl...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We have just come back from spending 5 nights at the Riad Star. Before our holiday we read the great reviews and can honestly say the Riad Star did not disapoint. Everything was spotlessly clean, Abdel, Meriem and the rest of the staff were lovely and did a fantastic job of looking after us. Nothing was a problem. Thank you Abdel for your patience when we kept getting lost. Meriem, your cooking is second to none. I adored your lamb tagine, it was by far the best I had tasted on our holiday. I would definitely recommend the Riad Star to anyone wanting great service in a beautiful tranquil Riad.

Shiona Dennison

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I chose Marrakech Riads for our Honeymoon. Upon arrival we would be told which one of 4 possible Riads we'd stay in. Before we booked our honeymoon we'd looked at all 4 on the internet and could not choose between them, as they all looked fantastic.
Some times in the past on trip advisor I take any criticism with a pinch of salt, so reviews are not normally my "thing". But I can honestly say Riad Star from the moment we arrived to the moment we left was first class service. Marriam in the kitchen and Abdel on hand anytime of the day or night. They really couldn't do enough for us or any of the other guests staying at Riad Star.
Also the food at the Riad, was the best we had on our honeymoon and we'd fully recommend you try it. (beef tagine)
The rooms cleaned daily and immaculately. I don't think we would have had the same service and happy smiling faces in a big hotel outside the old city walls of Marrakech.
We would fully recommend a stay at the Riad Star with the very friendly staff, Marriam and Abdel.

Mr & Mrs Carter

• Stayed May 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I had visited Marrakech as a student many years ago and slept by a bus outside the Medina. So I had wanted to go back and visit the sites but sty in a bed for a number of years.
As a jazz fan - well sort of - I knew about Josephine Baker's music and her exotic life.

So Riad star was the obvious choice for us, We were not disappointed at all.

Accommodation superb and quirky as we had Josephine's room , Evening Tangine on the first night superb , service fabulous, roof terrace brilliant. The only issue I had was that the bed was very hard for my aged back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Star? Share your experiences!