“One GM who doesn't care” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Atlas Asni

Bookmark
You added Hotel Atlas Asni to your Saves list
Hotel Atlas Asni
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Street Mohammed VI | Street Mohammed VI, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #354 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
New York
“One GM who doesn't care”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

after booking my room thru Expedia at this hotel, I arrived no greeting what so ever at the Front Desk, finally some one ask me what I wanted I replied that I had a suite booked thru expedia after looking the front desk agent came back and told me no reservation was made I showed him my email from Expedia even so no room, OK I am a Hotel Director of Operations with Marriott so I asked to see the General Manager, of course at my request I gave my business card, think that between Hoteliers we could try to find a solution to my issue, I am still at the hotel ( 2 days) and have not been contacted by this important person, very disappointed , I am not new in Marrakech every years We spend sometimes in this beautiful city, but at the HIvernage hotel where service and courtesy exist.
Oh well the Atlas Asni deal with groups and they better stay in that market

Room Tip: go to the Hivernage Hotel for $10.00 more and 2 blocks away you will be treated like a real guest
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel rated as four stars but only in Morocco standards. The shower was a trickle, hair dryer melted, beds very comfortable . We were part of a tour, breakfast poorly organized. Wi fi available in room if you were lucky to connect. Well located to railway station, some restaurants.

Room Tip: Looks good on the surface only
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Room: 136
Second visit to this hotel (only as its cheap and my husband was paying!), the first time I came I vowed I would never come again due to the rude and ignorant staff and the dirty room/ dining area. But take two was much better, though the money you pay is mainly for the reception area, the room we had had a decent pool view (not directly in front- which was good as the noise was diluted when sleeping in the afternoon).

The room didn't have an iron or tea making facilities, but that was no biggy, the only thing that got to me was like many hotels of this standard the towels stank. What I did find funny was the toiletries that they left all had the same ingredients even though they were labelled shower gel and shampoo :)

But the room was comfortable and the balcony was great to relax on. Cleaners come regularly but for some reason take all the towels to wash about 10am so if you go for breakfast then intend to have a shower you'll have to wait till they return.

Breakfast was standard though this time we did have someone making fresh eggs but being pregnant I stayed away from that and the Juice.

The hotel is a 30 DH taxi drive from the Al Fana (about £2.50) but the first time we use to walk back and forth which wasn't too bad, the hotel is also about 10 min walk from the train station which has a nice Mc Ds for anyone who wants it and 100 DH from the airport. Finally opposite are some really good coffee shops and restaurants, I recommend the C House (which looks like an Italian franchise) very very nice place.

The main three down sides were noise from the evening events, though this usually stops at 10 but if you fancy an early night this can be a bit annoying. The secound was the reception staff who are very abrupt and rude and don't expect a smile or even welcome/thank you for your stay. Finally what I was surprised with was the 230 DH tax I was asked for when I was checking out?! I was told its the total for the 7 nights I stayed and goes straight to the Government.

First time we went in Feb, second time end of April- BIG difference! As the first it was fairly quite which is not always a good thing as they can't be bothered with you. The sound time it was holiday season for the locals and it was much better. Plus as the hotel is connected to the Atlas apartments the gardens are too so we use to sneak to use their pool which I preferred especially for privacy and if you have kids has a kids pool which seemed more safer then then Atlas Asni pool!

Room Tip: Always ask for a good view, never use the Spa facilities over priced and horrid service.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Flagstaff, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Upon arrival just before 6:00 PM, we had to wait for about 15 minutes for our room key. Upon entering our room, a woman was standing near the bed in her underwear. The room was already occupied. The next room the key holder for electricity did not work, the third room the toilet would not flush, the fourth room was just painted that day and the painting was not complete, the fifth room was not the best but it was already 10:00 PM so we just stayed there with the understanding that we were guaranteed a better room the next day. The next morning came and I had to talk to our travel agent in Casablanca to get a better room. They moved us into a very large suite just before we were leaving for our day of touring. While we were on tour, our guide received a phone call that our room was being changed again. Upon our return were given new keys to a smaller bedroom with a sitting area; this was about 3:00 PM The room above us was having ceramic tile installed on the floor so there was constant noise from the ceiling and our water was turned-off. When the water was turned-back on, it was the color of chocolate. This is when we again called the travel agent and she moved us to a much nicer and friendlier hotel, Framissima Les Jardin de l'Agdal which is beautiful and tells you that you are in Morocco. The travel agent told us she would never book anyone again into the Atlas Asni.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

room 406- 2 nights: nice pool, room spacious (3 beds), good balcony overlooking pool, WiFi didn’t work except in one small spot, nice jazz bar, near to some cafes/nice walking area, fitness room not worth it at all

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights during October half term. I must say that although the location is good the service was quite lacking - normally staff are quite welcoming in hotels but these guys were not very forthcoming! The communal areas were clean and the pool was nice. The breakfast buffet was good with a range of choices. Good location - walking distance to menara gardens and short taxi ride to the main shopping square which was lovely at night.

• Stayed October 2012
New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Atlas Asni twice during our Moroccan trip. It is a nice hotel with extremely long corridors so getting to the room took some extra time. The rooms were nice but the bathroom fixtures were a little old. The toilet was loose on the wall (in both rooms) and the heat was inconsistent. We were able to connect to the free wifi on the first day but not on any others. We could connect in the lobby only. I used the fitness center which was small but well kept and the spa where I had a "deep tissue" massage which was not nearly deep enough. The restaurants were fine but the choices were sparse. The lobby and gift shop were very well kept and well stocked. There are shops nearby to buy soda and snacks so we were not tethered to the restaurant or room service.

We walked back to the hotel from the Medina which is not walking distance. If you take a taxi in front of the hotel, make sure you negotiate the price before you get in. It is a short drive and should cost no more than 40 MAD (Moroccan Dirham).

Room Tip: One closer to the elevator might make your stay a little easier.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Atlas Asni? Share your experiences!