“A perfect road of elegance, beauty comfort and service.” 5 of 5 stars

Dar Les Cigognes
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   108 rue de Berima, Marrakech 40 000, Morocco   |
Ranked #89 of 463 Hotels in Marrakech
London
“A perfect road of elegance, beauty comfort and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed at Dar Les Cigognes for two nights in early August and really wished we could have stayed more. On our arrival at the stunningly beautiful riad, we were greeted by Pierre and his lovely staff who couldn't have been friendlier or more enthusiastic. Our early flight had got us to the hotel at breakfast-time but our room was ready for us which was wonderful and meant we could get on with our day.

Before showing us to our room though, Pierre took the time over tea and homemade sweet treats (delicious) to tell us all about the riad and the services it offered (the Hammam is amazing and well priced for a bit of luxury) as well as Marrakech itself. He helped us design the perfect plan for a couple of days in the city based around what we wanted to do and what he knew would work best - so incredibly helpful and helped us make the most of the time we had. He's also just such a fun character to chat to!

The riad and the rooms themselves are beautiful, filled with nice touches such as beautifully presented hommade potions and lotions in the bathroom and fresh fruit to snack on. Breakfast was delicious - go hungry as it's a feast that will last you the day - and served on the flowery and peaceful roof terrace.

Can't recommend it enough and will be back no doubt! Thank you all at Dar Les Cigognes!

Hywel and Lani.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed in Dar Les Cigognes for 4 days in December 2013, and I couldn't have been more happier with my choice. Beautiful, authentic and quiet riad just 5 minutes away from all the hustle and bustle of the old city. The old city wall if just a minute away...
All employees were friendly, smiling and willing to help. Breakfast (if only somewhat costly compared to other hotels in Marrakech and even other countries) on the roof provided the loveliest view.
The owner was there every day and he made sure to chat with me to confirm that I was happy with my stay. I've also got nice recommendations about places to visit and places to eat at (btw, very nice places are just 2 minutes walk on the square, food, drinks and even some light clubbing)
If I ever return to Marrakech I will definitely stay again in Dar Les Cigognes

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

As with so many riads in the Medina, there is nothing from the road outside to hint at the oasis of calm that lies behind the front door of this classy and relaxed small boutique hotel.
The manager Pierre takes time to explain anything and everything you need to make your stay in Marrakech as you wish it to be. If you have never been to this mad but enchanting city before, it is a place that can assault your senses but Pierre will ensure that you find the best of anything that you want to include in your stay in Marrakech.
We took their half day cooking course, including a visit to the markets which I would recommend as the guided tour meant we got to see and learn far more about the history and culture of the city in a short space of time than you would from any guide book.
As for the rooms, they are understated and stylish, peaceful and calm, a bathroom with a cavernous bath in ours. We had a standard (superior) room, which was of average size for a hotel room and perfectly adequate.
Nice rooftop area for drinks, dining, sun-bathing (not something we attempted in the 42 degree heat we experienced in June) and highly efficient, attentive but unobtrusive staff.
A nice bonus is that this Riad is only a two minute walk from the only nice bar we found within the Medina (Kosybar), which has also recently opened a fantastic Hammam/Spa within the same building that also comes highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Beverly Hills, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

To preface my review, I have been to 52 countries and had just come from the Burj al Arab in Dubai, a hotel that bills itself as the world's most luxurious. Yet, the service at Dar Les Cigognes was the best I have ever experienced. The staff could not be more helpful. And the best part is that their desire to help comes across as truly genuine. From typed up personal "favorites"/recommendations at check in from the manager, to a private dinner in the courtyard, to the maid that waits to go home just because you chose to sleep in, each staff exceeded my expectations time and time again. The hotel does all of this while charging very reasonable room and food rates. I would love to return, and would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for traditional Moroccan hospitality and personalized service. It goes down as one of my favorite hotels in the world, which also include The Breakers Palm Beach and The Peninsula Los Angeles.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Traditional Riad with good rooftop garden area. Location ten minutes walk from the main souk which is a bonus as 1) it was quieter and 2) a taxi can take you to the door.
Greetings and checking in were friendly and traditional. Room was clean with the biggest baths you could ever need unless you were keeping dolphins.
Pierre and team looked after us very well with good reaervations off site. Make sure you do the cookery class. The local shops were well hidden and pierre appeared to lnow everyone in town. As to Fulya the chef. Great fun. Just go easy on the wine. Pierre is french.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for three days at the beginning of March. When we were looking online and planning our trip, all of the hundreds of options for riads and hotels started looking the same and we had the hardest time finally making a decision. We are so happy that we decided to stay here. The hotel is beautiful and clean and elegantly authentic. The food we had at the restaurant was the best food we had in all of Morocco on our week long trip. My wife and I would suggest to anyone going to Morocco that they stay at this hotel for at least two nights and take advantage of the GM Pierre's vast knowledge and love of Marrakech and Morocco. In hindsight I wish I had contacted Pierre at the hotel before our trip and gotten ideas on how best to plan the rest of our trip (doing that beforehand is the best advice I could give to anyone going). If you do decide to stay here make sure that you spend the extra bit of money to take advantage of the hammam and the cooking class with the market tour. Overall staying here was a great experience and our favorite part of our trip to Morocco.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Bexley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 5 days in April to celebrate his 40th birthday. This is a beautiful riad and the decor is cosy and welcoming. It's very relaxing and a perfect haven. As someone has already said, Pierres recommendations are excellent and should be noted. I only wish I could speak french as it would have made everything a lot easier both in and around the riad.

Room Tip: We stayed in Safia which was spacious and had no issues with noise from other floors which some peop...