“One of my favorite hotels ever” 5 of 5 stars

Dar Les Cigognes
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   108 rue de Berima, Marrakech 40 000, Morocco   |
Ranked #89 of 464 Hotels in Marrakech
Beverly Hills, CA
“One of my favorite hotels ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

To preface my review, I have been to 52 countries and had just come from the Burj al Arab in Dubai, a hotel that bills itself as the world's most luxurious. Yet, the service at Dar Les Cigognes was the best I have ever experienced. The staff could not be more helpful. And the best part is that their desire to help comes across as truly genuine. From typed up personal "favorites"/recommendations at check in from the manager, to a private dinner in the courtyard, to the maid that waits to go home just because you chose to sleep in, each staff exceeded my expectations time and time again. The hotel does all of this while charging very reasonable room and food rates. I would love to return, and would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for traditional Moroccan hospitality and personalized service. It goes down as one of my favorite hotels in the world, which also include The Breakers Palm Beach and The Peninsula Los Angeles.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Traditional Riad with good rooftop garden area. Location ten minutes walk from the main souk which is a bonus as 1) it was quieter and 2) a taxi can take you to the door.
Greetings and checking in were friendly and traditional. Room was clean with the biggest baths you could ever need unless you were keeping dolphins.
Pierre and team looked after us very well with good reaervations off site. Make sure you do the cookery class. The local shops were well hidden and pierre appeared to lnow everyone in town. As to Fulya the chef. Great fun. Just go easy on the wine. Pierre is french.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for three days at the beginning of March. When we were looking online and planning our trip, all of the hundreds of options for riads and hotels started looking the same and we had the hardest time finally making a decision. We are so happy that we decided to stay here. The hotel is beautiful and clean and elegantly authentic. The food we had at the restaurant was the best food we had in all of Morocco on our week long trip. My wife and I would suggest to anyone going to Morocco that they stay at this hotel for at least two nights and take advantage of the GM Pierre's vast knowledge and love of Marrakech and Morocco. In hindsight I wish I had contacted Pierre at the hotel before our trip and gotten ideas on how best to plan the rest of our trip (doing that beforehand is the best advice I could give to anyone going). If you do decide to stay here make sure that you spend the extra bit of money to take advantage of the hammam and the cooking class with the market tour. Overall staying here was a great experience and our favorite part of our trip to Morocco.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Bexley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 5 days in April to celebrate his 40th birthday. This is a beautiful riad and the decor is cosy and welcoming. It's very relaxing and a perfect haven. As someone has already said, Pierres recommendations are excellent and should be noted. I only wish I could speak french as it would have made everything a lot easier both in and around the riad.

Room Tip: We stayed in Safia which was spacious and had no issues with noise from other floors which some peop...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stayed here with my three teenagers in February and we loved this hotel. They looked after us superbly. We went on the market spice tour and did the cooking class (on a day when the weather wasn't very nice). Incredibly helpful information on shopping, restaurants and activities - they organised camel rides for us. Lovely rooftop garden where we had lunch when the weather was nice and watched the storks building their nests on the palace walls. Thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

This Hotel was just beautiful!! Each room was uniquely decorated. It gave us true experience of Marrakech. Pierre gave us a very warm welcome. He gave us great recommendations!! You must trust his advise!! Only draw back was the confusion we experienced over ordering for breakfast. I guess the communication gap was a great challenge. It truly helped though that everyone was so willing to help and was oh so accommodating!!

• Stayed April 2014
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Lovely place to stay and good location, close to the souks but also far enough away to feel you have escaped! Stay starts with a meeting from Pierre who is very attentive and welcoming throughout stay. Breakfasts were delicious and lovely way to start the morning on the roof terrace. Yes there are some bees, but the honey is so delicious I'd probably want to take it back too if i was a bee! Easily dealt with by covering the honey (I'd do that in England too). Roof terrace looks on to old palace walls where you can watch the storks soaring overhead. It's a little noisy from the streets, but I'm not sure I'd expect anything different and it's quite charming if anything. Slept very well. Great cooking course with the Riad's dada and eating the food afterwards was lots of fun, would definitely recommend to friends to stay there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Dar Les Cigognes? Share your experiences!