This is a beautiful Riad in a good location a short walk from the central square . The manager and all his team were absolutely lovely, friendly, calm and helpful. We stayed in the Silver room. It didn't disappoint, the interior was stunning. It has a lux feel without being over the top or garish. The rest of the Riad has wonderful interiors with great attention to detail.
We took the opportunity to do the 1/2 day cooking course. It was a great introduction to Morrocan cooking. We had an interested tour of the local produce markets, then back to the hotel kitchen for an extensive lesson of 6 dishes. Followed by lunch on the terrace enjoying all we'd cooked. It was a little pricey, but if cooking's your thing well worth it.
The only disappointment was the the airport transfer cost €25 each way. I'd recomend a taxi to and from the airport as they're easy to come by and its only a 15 min drive costing approx £7.
Thanks for a great stay, I'll be recommending the Riad to friends traveling to Marrakech.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dar Les Cigognes is a luxurious boutique hotel centrally located in the heart of the medina of Marrakech. An oasis of calm in a dazzling city, relax and enjoy our hammam, have a massage, or an unforgettable meal. The view from the roof terraces to the Atlas Mountains and onto the palace ramparts is unforgettable. Opposite royal palace, parking, 11 rooms and suites, fireplaces, AC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Escapio, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Dar Les Cigognes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dar Les Cigognes Marrakech
- Dar Les Cigognes Hotel Marrakech