We spent our first 3 days in Morocco at the Dar Les Cigognes- Everything was perfect from the communication from the time we booked until we arrived. A driver was sent to pick us up at the a train station ( in spite of our delayed arrival) a meal was prepared for when we arrived at 11 pm. A lovely vegetable tagine and a gratefully accepted glass of wine. Our room was a stunner- canopy bed wrapped in white gauzy fabric, light airy atmosphere. Robes of white handkerchief linen. Staff dressed in traditional costumes constantly in attendance even when sleepless and looking for a wifi connection in the middle of the night. The reception area had cozy alcoves around a fountain/pool with floating rose petals. We had signed up for a cooking class and market tour. Pierre took us to his favorite vendors, to the communal oven and explained the history of the Medina.
Saida, a shy sweet woman showed us how to prepare a traditional soup served during Ramadan, a monk fish tagine, Moroccan salad, and a vegetable tagine and couscous ( the right way). We ate the meal we had helped to prepare on the roof terrace watching the storks setting up for the nesting season on the turrets across the road. I prepared for the cooking class ahead of time with the help of the cookbook written by the owner- " Dar Les Cigognes". We had 3 perfect days in Marrekech before moving on to Fes thanks to Pierre, Saida and the attentive staff at this fabulous palace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dar Les Cigognes is a luxurious boutique hotel centrally located in the heart of the medina of Marrakech. An oasis of calm in a dazzling city, relax and enjoy our hammam, have a massage, or an unforgettable meal. The view from the roof terraces to the Atlas Mountains and onto the palace ramparts is unforgettable. Opposite royal palace, parking, 11 rooms and suites, fireplaces, AC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Escapio, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Dar Les Cigognes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dar Les Cigognes Marrakech
- Dar Les Cigognes Hotel Marrakech