We stayed five nights at this luxury riad, and we were glad we devoted the most time to this hotel and Marrakesh (out of 10 days total in Morocco).
The two buildings that make up the riad are incredible. The ceiling in our room (Safi) rivals the ones we saw at Dar Si Said. Our children’s room (Safari) had a huge picture of Teddy Roosevelt and was totally different from our room, but also beautiful. We took pictures of the lighting fixtures throughout the hotel, because each one was more gorgeous than the next.
As much as we loved breakfast on the roof and the little salons you can curl up in front of a fire, it was the staff who made our visit so special. Each morning Pierre, the general manager, would check in with us over breakfast to make sure we knew where we were going, how to get there, and he helped us make all our reservations. He encouraged us to go with our three teenagers to Imlil and Kasbah du Toubkal, which was a total hit.
The concierge arranged for an excellent car and driver for the first five days of our trip, and we all loved the chef and her assistant, especially after spending the morning with them in a cooking class. The location is great — very close to great shopping and the famous square, Djemaa el-Fna — but not so close that you’re hearing the noise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dar Les Cigognes is a luxurious boutique hotel centrally located in the heart of the medina of Marrakech. An oasis of calm in a dazzling city, relax and enjoy our hammam, have a massage, or an unforgettable meal. The view from the roof terraces to the Atlas Mountains and onto the palace ramparts is unforgettable. Opposite royal palace, parking, 11 rooms and suites, fireplaces, AC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Escapio, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Dar Les Cigognes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dar Les Cigognes Marrakech
- Dar Les Cigognes Hotel Marrakech