We had never been to Morocco before and staying at Les Cigognes was a real treat. The experience of entering the riad is magical. From a small door in a plain wall you step into a delightful inner space with a open courtyard planted with orange trees. They were in flower (mid March) and the scent was wonderful.
Our rooms were lovely especially the Silver Room. The rooftop garden, where breakfast is served, is lovely with views of the storks nesting nearby. In mid March the weather was like a lovely English summer day - not too hot
The service was great and very friendly. Pierre is a mine of information. He arranged some restaurant bookings for us and they were excellent recommendations. We had prebooked two cookery lessons and our teenaged daughter enjoyed the cakes one so much she insisted we book her an extra lesson. We also did the lesson with the market visit and were shown how to make various Morrocan salads, fish tagine, couscous with vegetables and enjoyed eating it all on the rooftop terrace at lunchtime. Delicious.
We tried a hamman and can see how they could get addictive although a massage might suit the timid a better. In the hamman you do feel a bit like an old painted door being rubbed down vigorously for repainting! You certainly glow afterwards.
In all we just can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dar Les Cigognes is a luxurious boutique hotel centrally located in the heart of the medina of Marrakech. An oasis of calm in a dazzling city, relax and enjoy our hammam, have a massage, or an unforgettable meal. The view from the roof terraces to the Atlas Mountains and onto the palace ramparts is unforgettable. Opposite royal palace, parking, 11 rooms and suites, fireplaces, AC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Dar Les Cigognes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dar Les Cigognes Marrakech
- Dar Les Cigognes Hotel Marrakech