Unassuming entrance to old style Arab home with courtyard and roof top garden- each room very different in style most with Arab/Moor flavor. Hotel is billed as culinary treat with cooking class (which we were not able to book although we were entitled to which I will give them the benefit of the doubt on with communication problem- Unfortunately the manager, Pierre- who was most gracious in greeting us and asking us a lot of questions about what we wanted to see etc was off the following day and we didn't feel things were covered in that regard as they should have been. The food was very good but not outstanding. We were not particularly happy with the tour guide we got, but that was probably not the fault of the hotel per se- "luck of the draw" so to speak. minor irritant but noteworthy I think- for the prices we paid It would have been nice to have a new bottle of water each day as most hotels did for our Africa Sojourn- when we asked about it they said they would be glad to "bill us"for that -really less than gracious in my opinion
But overall a very nice place and very close tin old Medina for the sights etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dar Les Cigognes is a luxurious boutique hotel centrally located in the heart of the medina of Marrakech. An oasis of calm in a dazzling city, relax and enjoy our hammam, have a massage, or an unforgettable meal. The view from the roof terraces to the Atlas Mountains and onto the palace ramparts is unforgettable. Opposite royal palace, parking, 11 rooms and suites, fireplaces, AC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Escapio, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Dar Les Cigognes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dar Les Cigognes Marrakech
- Dar Les Cigognes Hotel Marrakech