I cannot recommend Dar Les Cigognes highly enough. Close enough to all the action of the souks and Djemaa el-Fna square, but far enough off the main drag to afford guests some much-needed peace and quiet from all the madness, it really is a hidden gem - an oasis of exclusivity, tranquility and calm and the absolutely perfect base for any visit to Marrakech. From the moment we arrived, every need or request was looked after by the welcoming, knowledgeable and consummate professional Pierre and his superb team - from mint tea and homemade cakes on the terrace courtesy of Hammid, to tips on daytrips and evening plans from Sanna, and even a little box of homemade goodies for our return transfer to the airport - the team were always polite and helpful but not overbearing, and everything was designed with our comfort, enjoyment and convenience in mind. Our room - Safari - was beautiful with everything you might need - a comfy bed, easy-to-use safe, plenty of storage space, luxurious bathroom and indulgent toileteries - and a few rose petals thrown in! The roof terrace is beautiful - with views on one side of nesting storks and on the other of the Atlas Mountains. We were also able to enjoy the rooftop pool at its sister riad, the Riad Kaiss (another beautiful spot with fantastic staff) and were lucky enough to have it to ourselves on two occassions - pure indulgence! My only reservation in leaving this review is that I want to keep the secret to myself - but otherwise would say go ahead and book with confidence, if you ever get the opportunity to experience this magical place - you won't regret it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dar Les Cigognes is a luxurious boutique hotel centrally located in the heart of the medina of Marrakech. An oasis of calm in a dazzling city, relax and enjoy our hammam, have a massage, or an unforgettable meal. The view from the roof terraces to the Atlas Mountains and onto the palace ramparts is unforgettable. Opposite royal palace, parking, 11 rooms and suites, fireplaces, AC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Splendia, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Dar Les Cigognes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dar Les Cigognes Marrakech
- Dar Les Cigognes Hotel Marrakech