We stayed at Dar les Cigognes for 9 nights in January and had a wonderful time. As our stay was spilt by some time in the desert we had the good fortune to stay in both the Safi suite and the Silver suite. Both were gorgeous - very different - but lovely in their own ways. The Safi suite was very very quiet if that is important to you. The rooms are individually and thoughtfully decorated and I'm sure they are all fabulous. The property is impeccably maintained. As others have mentioned, the roof terrace is charming and a lovely spot to enjoy breakfast or a drink at sunset.
Of course there are many beautiful riads in Marrakech so it can be very difficult to select one. What makes this a superb choice is the service, which was professional and warm at all times. Not overly invasive, but still friendly and highly competent. The manager, Pierre, was wonderful. He greeted us on arrival and took the time to provide us with very helpful information about Marrakech. His restaurant recommendations were perfect for us. In my opinion, the service is what elevates this riad above many others and is the main reason why we will return in the future.
We enjoyed a few dinners at the riad and they were all very nice. The table was beautifully set and the timing perfect, with us never having to wait too long for dishes. The chicken and preserved lemon tagine was the best that we had in Marrakech. Breakfast was also good, we loved the fresh orange juice and homemade yoghurt.
I was very happy with the location of the riad - an enjoyable 10 minute walk to the main square and souks. Close to some nice boutique shops and restaurants, both palaces and a little quieter than being right next to the square. We felt very safe whilst walking around the area, even at night. I definitely recommend shopping at Rue de la Liberte in the new city as there are some stunning things to buy there as well as some great cafes and restaurants.
Overall I can't really fault our stay at Dar les Cigognes, we had a wonderful time and will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dar Les Cigognes is a luxurious boutique hotel centrally located in the heart of the medina of Marrakech. An oasis of calm in a dazzling city, relax and enjoy our hammam, have a massage, or an unforgettable meal. The view from the roof terraces to the Atlas Mountains and onto the palace ramparts is unforgettable. Opposite royal palace, parking, 11 rooms and suites, fireplaces, AC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Escapio, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Dar Les Cigognes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dar Les Cigognes Marrakech
- Dar Les Cigognes Hotel Marrakech