When my wife and I decided to spend a week in Marrakech before Christmas, we booked the “Dar les Cigognes” due to the good reviews on the web. After seven wonderful, entertaining and relaxing days in this little boutique hotel in an immaculately restored historic riad, I can approve those excellent testimonials.
The rooms and the common areas feature the typical Moroccan Arts and Crafts style. If the weather permits breakfast and dinner is served on the roof top terrace, which provides distance views of the Atlas Mountains. From there you can also watch the storks that gave the hotel its name. They nest on the battlements of the royal palace opposite the hotel. In the basement of the building the hotel has its own Hammam. The little restaurant of the hotel serves a mix of French and Moroccan Cuisine of excellent quality.
The location of the hotel is conveniently close to the Medina and the souks, yet quite and secluded in the local neighborhood.
All these aspects contributed to our splendid time, but the main reason why I strongly recommend this place to any traveler who prefers the personal style and charm of a local boutique hotel over generic international business hotels or huge modern luxury hotels in Marrakech like the “La Mamounia” is the courtesy, friendship and warmth that all of the staff offered. Pierre the manager is very considerate and at the same time entertaining. He is not only very knowledgeable in regard to Marrakech its history and all sights one might be interested to visit, he also arranged every evening great restaurants, bars and clubs for us. Due to his very educated shopping recommendations I had to get an additional suitcase for our journey back to Berlin.
Further I can highly recommend the cooking class we had at the hotel’s restaurant. After we toured the local market for spices and produce, we learned how to cook five different traditional dishes and finally got them served for lunch at the roof top terrace. If you enjoy cooking this is definitely a fun way to take home some new skills and recopies.
Should we return to Marrakesh in the future, I can assure you that we will return to the Dar Les Cigognes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dar Les Cigognes is a luxurious boutique hotel centrally located in the heart of the medina of Marrakech. An oasis of calm in a dazzling city, relax and enjoy our hammam, have a massage, or an unforgettable meal. The view from the roof terraces to the Atlas Mountains and onto the palace ramparts is unforgettable. Opposite royal palace, parking, 11 rooms and suites, fireplaces, AC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Escapio, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Dar Les Cigognes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dar Les Cigognes Marrakech
- Dar Les Cigognes Hotel Marrakech