We stayed at the Dar Les Cigognes for 4 nights at the beginning of Oct 2012. It is a lovely tranquil haven away from the hustle and bustle of the souks and busy roads of the Medina. As soon as we arrived we were greeted with a warm welcome, mint tea and shown our room. We stayed in the large and comfortable "Atlas" room in the adjoining section, through a maze staircases and archways. The riad breakfast is served on the roof terrace and we did this twice during our stay and we would recommend this. A great place for couples to unwind.
We soon got our bearings and a short walk away is the main square where it all happens (take a photo of the snakes, monkeys or belly dancers and expect to pay for it). Market stall food here is cheap and reasonable. The souks are as always an invasion of your senses and we found that most market holders are friendly if you smile, are polite and walk past if it's not for you. We would also recommend a horse drawn carriage ride (approx 45 mins), the Cyberpark gardens and the Majorelle (YSL) garden.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dar Les Cigognes is a luxurious boutique hotel centrally located in the heart of the medina of Marrakech. An oasis of calm in a dazzling city, relax and enjoy our hammam, have a massage, or an unforgettable meal. The view from the roof terraces to the Atlas Mountains and onto the palace ramparts is unforgettable. Opposite royal palace, parking, 11 rooms and suites, fireplaces, AC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Splendia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Dar Les Cigognes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dar Les Cigognes Marrakech
- Dar Les Cigognes Hotel Marrakech