“My go to destination in Marrakech” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Les Jardins d'Henia

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Les Jardins d'Henia
34 Derb M'nabha - Kasbah, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #269 of 1,041 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London, England, United Kingdom
“My go to destination in Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Of all the places to stay, this one is my preferred. Simple, well designed in a quiet spot in the Kasbah and always welcoming. Brilliant Hammam and massage too, lovely bedrooms and a good tagine if you pre order in the morning. Cannot fault.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Crawley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

This place was recommended to us as my friend and I were both saddle sore after horse riding with Equi Evasion in Essaouira. 350 dirham (approx £35) for hammam, massage and dinner was an absolute bargain! They were friendly and very professional, the massage was absolutely fantastic and really did the job! I can't recommend them enough! We would definitely go there again for the massage and it looked a lovely peaceful place to stay

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Just love that place!!!
Very clean, very friendly staff, great food.
Very well situated, in the heart of the Medina.
We were able to walk in the streets late a night, felt safe the whole time.
What a great trip that was!
Would return to the jardin d'henia in a heart beat...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
London, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2007

The Riad is high quality with good furnishings, clean and well kept. Located at the south end of the Kasbah district it is only a brisk 15 minute walk from the main Medina Square (Jemaa) and parking is relatively easy which I should imagine is not the case in the Medina.

However we found it soul-less and missing the Medina riad experience of other Marrakech reviewers.

Staff are helpful and pleasant yet distant. A request for a restaurant recommendation resulted in a visit to a high-priced (very swanky) place that would not have looked out of place in London, except perhaps in London more Morroccans would have been eating there.

Having had our booking cancelled by another (very high scoring!) Riad despite having paid 100% deposit, we were happy to take their recommendation of Henia, but we were disappointed.

If it's cleanliness, a bit of luxury (with some spa treatments on your doorstep), space and tranquility that you want (although check about the building works next door) - the Henia will be perfect for you.

If it's the Marrakech Medina riad atmosphere that you want - with some authentic Marrakech experiences, you'll be hard pressed to find it (or the guidance) at Henia.

• Liked — Comfortable - large room with bathroom and private terrace
  • Disliked — Soul-less
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Long Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2006

This beautiful, peaceful and easy going riad saved me! After booking a gross guest house on I-Escape and finding out it was small, hot and cramped and not a riad, I was forced to leave.

Fortunately, the lovely oasis Les Jardins d Henia (www.lesjardinsdhenia.com) was close by and I was able to obtain a suite for a very reasonable price! The staff was so kind and willing to assist. I wanted to take them all home with me when I left!

The traditional Moroccan shutters, tile and architecture was very nice. Two decent sized courtyards -- one with a beautiful pool and both with abundant plants and trees -- all kept me cool in spite of the high summer temperatures. The suite was large and stylish making me feel like a queen!

A yummy spread of breads, jams, etc. was served every morning at whatever hour I woke (included in the price) and good snacks, lunches and dinners were also available. After eating and sunning I indulged in a hummum, message and pedicure -- very skilled practitioners and also reasonable prices.

The riad is a quick cab ride (very cheap) to the main square and in the old city, so the 'flavor' of Marrakech is all around.

Although this riad is not five star and has a few quirks in aesthetics, it is definitely worth every penny. A home away from home. This sweet oasis was definitely a highlight of my month long trip overseas.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2006

Riad Najma was great. Just been taken over by a French woman. The decor was amazing, very Moroccan but not too over the top.It felt as though we were staying in a palace.The February sun was hot so we got to sun bathe on the roof terrace- great!
Breakfast could have been more varied. We got slightly fat on Pancakes every morning. It would have been good to have yoghurt, fruit and eggs sometimes.
Ignore the old reviews, the Riad Najma was the most beautiful place I have ever stayed in. We especially liked being in the Kasbah away from the craziness of the square.
We will definitely return to the Najma and Marrakech..

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Les Jardins d'Henia? Share your experiences!