“Nice hotel with a great pool area” 4 of 5 stars

Meriem Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   154 Med El Beqal Street, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #340 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Nice hotel with a great pool area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

First I would like to begin with a thing that annoyed me during my stay at Meriem Hotel. After I had read the reviews here on tripadvisor I had made my mental picture of the hotel even before I got there... But it looked nothing like the truth !

People have to stop complaining about the breakfast !! Have you guys ever been to Italy? In italy this breakfast would be a feast for kings ! The breakfast is decent, and it is excactly what you can expect when breakfast is included in the room-prices.

There is a sign in the foyer saying that it's not allowed to bring water and eatable things in to the hotel. We bought water and took it to our rooms every day for seven days without we heard a complain. If you just avoid sitting directly in front of the hotel staff eating and drinking stuff you just bought from the street I think you'll be fine.

The pool area is really nice, and it's lovely to get a cooldown in the pool when the temperatures reaches above 40 !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Hi,
I hope everybody is well wherever you are in the world.
I stayed here for 4 nights with my beautiful fiancaille and I would highly recommend this hotel for various reasons.The cleanliness,friendliness,reasonable pricing and location.
I would like to pay particular tribute to the Responsible Commerciale who is called Hassna Kadani who was extremely helpful and efficient and went out of her way to help people.She averted a potential crisis for me and my fiancaille by reducing the rate for our room,when we desperately needed it.
So I would totally recommend this hotel to potential tourists and will certainly be returning.

Room Tip: Rooms on the fourth floor are more luxurious with a balcony and view over the pool
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Hi, just got back from morocco, stayed at this hotel . the rooms were very spacious , very clean, staff very very very friendly go out of the way to help, rooms very cleaned very day ac, fridge in room , even if there was a problen it was atteneded to asap. family enjoyed the stay . two pools kids were kept entertained in the pool so they were happy . overall and excellent hotel in my opinion and staff , i had no complains . would recomend as a family friendly hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Not sure how this hotel got a 4 star rating. Maybe 10, 20 or 30 years ago it was ok but today it is run down and absolutely not worth wasting your time on. Booked at the last minute as part of a package for a week.

Breakfast was absolutely horrendous affair with never enough items being available to eat and what they had was awful. Orange juice tasted like it was prepared in a toilet. Ended up taking my kids elsewhere for breakfast. Had one lunch in the hotel and it wasn't that good.

Got stuck in one of the lifts whilst it was 45C outside. Youngest child started crying and they could not open the lifts until I moved a part between the two doors as the outer door was not opening.

Rooms are very tired looking and I had 2 rooms booked during the stay. Both were not what you would expect of a 4 star hotel.

Staff were polite most of the time but did not make up for the terrible experience at this hotel. Luckily spent most of the stay away from the hotel at other locations/places/tours.

Room Tip: Look Elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel has a spacious room with a small fridge and air-con. The big bathroom is quite clean, but not to every detail. The shower-head is fixed to the wall - one negative for me. The staff at the reception is kind, people in the bar too, just a bit slow. The lobby is nice, the WI-Fi very weak (if at all). The 2 pools are fine, however, not much sunlight can get in in the afternoon. Sun-beds are in a limited number. The food is nice, compared to other 4*hotels in Morocco.
The hotel is not far away from the theater and the railway station - a nice building with good coffee and McDonalds :D It is nice to walk around in this district, you can find a shopping center at the 19. November roundabout. We even went to the market by foot. People in yellowish taxis will honk at you, offering a ride. If you take it, always ask for a discount. Around the hotel there are some small shops where you can buy water or postcards, usually at a better price than in the center. Food sold at the streets and eaten by locals look and smell delicious, maybe worth a visit. Satisfied after all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Scarborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

A two or three star at best, the hotel is in quite a poor area. First impressions are not so good. we got no information on arrival, only lead to our room. We were given no information about meal times or any other details of the hotel. As our stay progressed we came to enjoy it a little more, but the staff were quite non-communicative. The food was as we had previously read up on, basic but presentable enough, a fair diet for non fussy eaters. The room was 2 star servicable, but o.k. at that level. The bar was closed for Ramadan which we did not know about in advance, so there was no alcohol available during our stay. The pools were o.k. but the layout of the buildings meant that there was only a chance of sunshine for 3 hours or so per day. This we offset by using the sunroof, which was unused by other guests as it is not advertised.It is only 10 minutes walk from the Plaza shopping area and 20 minutes walk from the Medina and Souks, so it has that in its favour, so we would use it again.First appearances can be deceptive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here earlier this year and my experience was quite good. We had a family with hidden with us and the staff were extremely helpful in providing whatever we needed including hot milk for our baby. The food was nice with a big range. Breakfast was adequate too, I wasn't expecting much but it was better than my last experience elsewhere. I would say the rooms could have been cleaner, when we switched on the air con it seemed to fill the room with dust which made me feel unwell having dust allergy.

The location was good, close to a McDonald's and walking distance from The Plaza, about 5 minutes. It didn't seem like a very popular hotel as there were hardly any people there.

Oh and if you like swimming, it was impossible to go in their pool as it was always freezing cold! The pool area was surrounded by trees which means the sunlight doesn't hit the water, hence the ice cold water!

Overall, not bad but there are definitely room for improvements!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Meriem Hotel? Share your experiences!