“Truly special” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
“Truly special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Everything about this hotel is superb! The architecture, the rooms, the gardens, the lounges, the pool, the staff. Really, really fantastic. The thoughtful details such as the sunhats on the sunbeds by the pool, the beautiful lounges and the friendly staff were really impressive. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast, light lunch and tea with cakes were lovely. I wish we could have spent more time there - hope to be back one day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a private balcony.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

It's difficult to find any more words for this place, it is quite simply superb from the minute you arrive to the rather unkind moment you have to leave! It's is blissful, very comfortable and just far enough away from the throbbing Medina to be a complete world apart. The other thing we loved was that we were still very much enjoying a the Riad experience, rather than the faceless international resort - there are only six rooms but also a huge garden and beautiful pool.

The food was delicious, there's no menu you just get what the lovely chef has prepared on the day (although I noticed that guests who had expressed dietary preference were very well catered for.

I have absolutely no idea what happened to the couple below who gave this such a poor review, but they must have stayed a different hotel.

We rebooked even before we left and judging by the guest book - and the TA comments below - so does everyone else. Wonderful place.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely and the suites are spectacular.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We have just returned from another lovely stay at Dar Zemora; this was our 7th visit and it was as relaxing and spoiling as ever. The staff were charming and nothing was too much trouble. Thank you all for the beautiful dinner you arranged for us in the garden and also on our terrace on our last night. Thank you Yossef for all the lovely Moroccan music and suggestions about places to visit which made for such an enjoyable time.
We’ve been visiting twice a year (normally) since we discovered this haven of tranquillity and return because we are so well looked after! I had a most wonderful 50th Birthday party in the Fan Room a couple of years ago and will never forget just how magical it was. It speaks volumes that nearly all of the other guests who came and went during our 5 day stay, were repeat visitors like us. All of us were enjoying the wonderful peace of Dar Zemora but with easy access into Marrakech if you can tear yourself away. Like us quite a lot of people use Dar Zemora as somewhere to re-charge batteries and anticipating just that is a lovely thought.

Room Tip: La Perla for a treat or the Pavilion for a party of friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I love this small luxury hotel. I came with my daughter in May and decided that my husband had to experience Dar Zemora for himself and it did not disappoint! It is a wonderful place to chill and relax and nothing is too much bother for the staff. Everything is done with a smile and willingness to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
The weather was gorgeous, food delicious and we can't thank everyone enough. We will be back next year.
Sally and Tim

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Difficult to find the words to describe just what a stunning place Dar Zemora really is, but here's some; beautiful, serene, magical, perfect to name but a few!
Myself and my partner stayed for 5 nights and I already want to return.
There are no faults to be found at Dar Zemora, it really is the most wonderful place I've ever had the pleasure to visit.
The staff are unrelentingly attentive and we were treated like a King and Queen!
The food is magnificent, every meal was fresh and utterly delicious.
The room was sublime, authentic and we were left wanting for nothing.
I could go on and on (as I already have to everyone that will listen) but I do not want to ruin the surprise, if you're here because you're considering booking a stay at Dar Zemora, then just do it, we did and it was the best choice we've ever made!
See you next year ;)

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

As a repeat visitor to Dar Zemora who has just returned from his latest visit, I read the preceding review with dismay. I am replying because I don't recognise the description and think it unfair.

We can at least agree that the hotel is beautiful. For my part, I have always thought that it would make an idyllic honeymoon destination and am sorry that it disappointed (other couples have seemed more than happy). I think that the pricing of its rooms is in line with other choices at this end of the market.

Whether to stay in a riad in the Medina or in the Palmeraie is a matter of choice. I have done both and much prefer the peace and tranquility of DZ with its easy access to the centre for sightseeing etc, to being in amongst the noise and bustle of the centre 24/7. Easy access involves an efficient (and reasonable) fixed price car service to take you in and collect again in response to a telephone call when you are ready.

Food is a matter of taste; I haven't seen any other guests queuing up to put their takeaways in the fridge! On the contrary, the tasting menu is highly recommended - try the quail with bechamel sauce. As to the hotel not commenting on the reviewer bringing in his own food, it may be that he misinterpreted the endless efforts of all the staff at DZ to meet the needs of the guests. My experience is that nothing is too much trouble.

The review is out of line with the overwhelming number of positive reviews of DZ and no-one should be influienced by it.

Room Tip: Perla Suite for privacy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We seem to have become a bit addicted to the sanctuary that is Dar Zemora! I've never returned for a fifth visit to anywhere else. Writing this review on our leaving day, sitting in dappled shade on the terrace of the Zahara suite, where Amina has just brought wonderful coffee after another delicious breakfast. We met some people here we met before..I think this is their ninth visit! I have a confession to make, which is that we don't really come for the delights of Marrakech (many though they are), we come for the special atmosphere of Dar Zemora, and the sun, to rest and recharge. I gather from Youseff (and its plain to see in the guest book) that more and more guests are returnees. From what I can see, the age of couples ranges from early thirties to sixties. I brought my twenty six year old daughter earlier this year, and she loved it, still describing it as "the highlight" of her year. One of the relaxing things is that staff are discreet, and not always hopping about checking if you need anything. Sure, you may occasionally have to go and find someone if you want an extra mint tea...but it means you are left in peace to relax. The staff are all very good, and nothing too much trouble. The food, as always, delicious. We are both "foodies', so really appreciate Jamillas cooking. No doubt there will be a sixth visit....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dar Zemora? Share your experiences!