“Understated Luxury” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
Buntingford, United Kingdom
“Understated Luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We recently stayed here and enjoyed the Zahara Suite which was huge! The fact it was on the ground floor with it's own large, shaded terrace was a huge bonus as it meant easy access to the pool and grounds. Service here is VERY slick and also increadibly discreet. They offer breakfast up to 11am meaning there is no rush which is wonderful as many places stop service at 10am. The food is delicious (lunch and dinner), so much so that we didn't even venture back into Marrakech (we had stayed in the Medina for 3 nights earlier in our vacation) and were happy to stay at this wonderful retreat. I can't rave about Dar Zemora and the staff enough - it's pretty much PERFECT!

Room Tip: Zahara Suite is huge and worth every extra penny - indulge if you can, you won't be dissapointed...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Sturminster Newton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Dar Zemora was recommended to us by friends and we had a blissful 3 days staying in this wonderfully relaxing and peaceful hotel. The administration and organisation of our booking and arrival were first class and we were made to feel very welcome and were exceptionally well looked after throughout our stay by the charming Youssef and his team. The food was excellent, the style of the hotel is low key but very stylish and comfortable. The garden is beautiful and the pool is sublimely lovely and both were very peaceful. If you want to take a break from the 'madness' of the Medina (but still be within a 15 minutes taxi ride of it) or you just want an uninterrupted few days of peace, tranquility and being immaculately looked after then Dar Zemora is the place - we had a blissful few days for us both. Strongly recommended.

Bampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was our second stay at Dar Zemora; whole family enjoyed it tremendously. Riad is peaceful, well looked after and it is obvious that attention to every detail is owners' prerogative. We were taken good care of by all at riad; there is nothing to fault and everything was almost just as perfect.
E. Hayes

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I arrived rather late in the evening for my second stay at Dar Zemora from a long drive from Erg Chebbi, totally exhausted. I was welcomed by Youssef, told to take my time, so I ordered tea, had a shower and revived myself to sit and enjoy dinner with the sound of wildlife, puncutated by the frogs 'chatting'. I felt so safe, so welcome and so at home (I travelled alone). The next day was spent enjoying breakfast on the terrace, extremely late by request, and lounging in the garden by the pool. I wandered around the garden admiring plants and trees. It was a perfect end to my second and certainly not last visit to Morocco. Whilst I waited for my lift to the airport I sat and had a cup of tea in my favourite pink cube in the corner of the room with the flowing curtains by the garden.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My daughter and I stayed for 5nights at Dar Zemora and loved every minute. The weather was hot and sunny and staying in the Zahara suite meant the pool was never far away! Youssef and the other staff were charming and attentive to our needs. The food was delicious and sitting in the garden listening to the frogs and the birds was an added bonus!
We will be back soon!

Room Tip: The Zahara suite is lovely being so close to the pool and with its own terrace.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

my wife and I have just spent 4 nights at the Hotel Dar Zemora in the outskirts of Marrakech. Its website does not do it justice fortunately as I wouldn't want too many people to get to know it or we may have difficultly booking next time we visit (and there will be a next time).
The hotel is small so very intimate and the rooms lovely,an airy lounge opens to the beautiful gardens with a small pool with loungers, plenty of shade for people like me who find direct sun a bit too much but also lots of sunny spots for those who like to gently fry. The occasional refrigerated towel and afternoon tea served by the friendly and excellent staff makes this hotel my favourite of the decade...

Room Tip: we were in the cheaper rooms but they were lovely!
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Just returned from the most fantastic week-long trip to Dar Zemora. It is a beautiful, relaxing haven away from the madness of the Medina. Stunning gardens, good-sized pool, lovely big and luxurious rooms (we stayed in Safra most of the time, and moved to one of the suites for the last night). The food was great, particularly the lunches. Some might say the portion sizes were small, and although I rarely left a meal stuffed, I was always well-fed, and the light and airy cakes that accompanied afternoon tea kept me going until dinner! The service was highly attentive - Youssef is really well-organised and can arrange anything you want. The pool was a little on the cold side (the owners are aware and are working on fixing this), which was fairly bracing on our first few days when the weather was decidedly cold for Morocco (around 20 degrees), but was wonderfully refreshing later on in the holiday, when the temperature was closer to 35! The gardens are extensive and stunning, teeming with wildlife. I have never heard or seen so many birds (and frogs!), and the resident tortoises were conveniently photogenic for us!

All in all, it was a wonderful holiday. I've already recommended it to a number of people and I only returned yesterday. We will be back!

Room Tip: All the rooms and suites are lovely - you can't really go wrong. We stayed in Safra - lovely big...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dar Zemora? Share your experiences!