“returning visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Oxford, United Kingdom
“returning visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I arrived rather late in the evening for my second stay at Dar Zemora from a long drive from Erg Chebbi, totally exhausted. I was welcomed by Youssef, told to take my time, so I ordered tea, had a shower and revived myself to sit and enjoy dinner with the sound of wildlife, puncutated by the frogs 'chatting'. I felt so safe, so welcome and so at home (I travelled alone). The next day was spent enjoying breakfast on the terrace, extremely late by request, and lounging in the garden by the pool. I wandered around the garden admiring plants and trees. It was a perfect end to my second and certainly not last visit to Morocco. Whilst I waited for my lift to the airport I sat and had a cup of tea in my favourite pink cube in the corner of the room with the flowing curtains by the garden.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My daughter and I stayed for 5nights at Dar Zemora and loved every minute. The weather was hot and sunny and staying in the Zahara suite meant the pool was never far away! Youssef and the other staff were charming and attentive to our needs. The food was delicious and sitting in the garden listening to the frogs and the birds was an added bonus!
We will be back soon!

Room Tip: The Zahara suite is lovely being so close to the pool and with its own terrace.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

my wife and I have just spent 4 nights at the Hotel Dar Zemora in the outskirts of Marrakech. Its website does not do it justice fortunately as I wouldn't want too many people to get to know it or we may have difficultly booking next time we visit (and there will be a next time).
The hotel is small so very intimate and the rooms lovely,an airy lounge opens to the beautiful gardens with a small pool with loungers, plenty of shade for people like me who find direct sun a bit too much but also lots of sunny spots for those who like to gently fry. The occasional refrigerated towel and afternoon tea served by the friendly and excellent staff makes this hotel my favourite of the decade...

Room Tip: we were in the cheaper rooms but they were lovely!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Just returned from the most fantastic week-long trip to Dar Zemora. It is a beautiful, relaxing haven away from the madness of the Medina. Stunning gardens, good-sized pool, lovely big and luxurious rooms (we stayed in Safra most of the time, and moved to one of the suites for the last night). The food was great, particularly the lunches. Some might say the portion sizes were small, and although I rarely left a meal stuffed, I was always well-fed, and the light and airy cakes that accompanied afternoon tea kept me going until dinner! The service was highly attentive - Youssef is really well-organised and can arrange anything you want. The pool was a little on the cold side (the owners are aware and are working on fixing this), which was fairly bracing on our first few days when the weather was decidedly cold for Morocco (around 20 degrees), but was wonderfully refreshing later on in the holiday, when the temperature was closer to 35! The gardens are extensive and stunning, teeming with wildlife. I have never heard or seen so many birds (and frogs!), and the resident tortoises were conveniently photogenic for us!

All in all, it was a wonderful holiday. I've already recommended it to a number of people and I only returned yesterday. We will be back!

Room Tip: All the rooms and suites are lovely - you can't really go wrong. We stayed in Safra - lovely big...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Devizes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The perfect place to relax and escape it all - and yet have the benefits of an exotic location and all the excitement and bustle that goes with it! Youssef, always miraculously on hand, ensures that if there is anything you want to know, or need, it is arranged. Whilst relaxing in the heat by the pool, the charming staff silently appear on regular occasions to provide chilled water, Moroccan tea and even cold face clothes. As far as food goes, breakfasts (included) are delicious but we were a little disappointed with the (very reasonably priced) evening meals. Décor is stunning but homely - as we were told on our arrival ... treat it like your home, and we did! We have stayed at a number of hotels in Morocco, but our intention is to return to this one (I hope next year this time!).

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony - lovely to return to after a meal and look at the African night sky...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Spent 4 nights here in early April and loved every minute of it. The level of service, the peace, the atmosphere, the beautiful gardens, stunning pool - we couldn't have asked for any more and were very sad to leave. We arrived with great plans to do various day trips but quickly realised the place was far too relaxing to move from. Yousef and all his staff do a wonderful job. We wanted for nothing without ever feeling pestered, they could not have been more helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Seaford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here after a fairly hectic trip driving around Morocco. It was the ideal place to unwind and would also be great for a weekend break when Europe is still in the grip of winter. The hotel is located on the outskirts of Marrakesh which seems to me like a city on steroids, but you can enjoy both the hectic life in Marrakesh and the tranquility of this hotel. There are only about 8 rooms so it is never crowded and the staff are amazing.
The owners are English and the guesta were all English when we stayed. The food is good and reliable and I intend to return for a short break

Room Tip: We stayed in the 'La Perla Suite' which has a terrace about the size of most people's ga...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dar Zemora? Share your experiences!