“You won't want to leave” 5 of 5 stars

Dar Zemora
Rue el Aandalib | BP 12013, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #33 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“You won't want to leave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

This is my second visit to the wonderful Dar Zemora and once again it was pure bliss. A sense of tranquility meets you on arrival. As the staff greet you, you feel that your stay is going to be so very special and they do not let you down. Each reception room has been decorated tastefully with individual pieces of local art and furniture. The bedrooms are all beautiful with luxury beds and crisp white bed linen, decorated in a typically Moroccan style. Each room has an open fire for the winter months. The pool area is clean and tidy with high quality sun beds and umbrellas. The gardens are very well looked after with aromas of roses and jasmine. They also grow their own vegetables which leads me onto the food. Each meal is freshly prepared and delicious. With one meal over I couldn't wait to see what was coming next. I was not disappointed. What a fabulous cook they have. The staff are all helpful and smiley and can't do enough for you. They make you feel like royalty. We had plans of going to the mountains for a day trip but to be honest once you arrive at Dar Zemora, you just don't want to leave. One last thing, Dar Zemora is not within the Medina. This makes it even more special as there is no noise at all. All you can hear is the birds tweetiing in the gardens.

Room Tip: Every room is special. I have stayed in The Perla, the Zahara and The Pavillion

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I went with some friends to celebrate my birthday. I've been before and found it relaxing, but this time all my expectations were exceeded. The food we ate at the hotel was without doubt the best food we ate in Marrakech, the staff were so helpful and kind. I literally can't think of a single fault. I love that it is a short taxi ride from the Medina, I love the gardens, I love the rooms and I love the decor and ambiance. Everything is top notch - first class stay. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

3 days after returning from Dar Zemora and I still feel more relaxed than ever! We travelled to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday and could not have chosen a better place to stay. As soon as our taxi pulled up, I felt an instant calm and this feeling stayed with me for the duration of our stay.

The staff go above and beyond every expectation and trying to match the level of service we received would be near on impossible. The gardens are immaculate, food fantastic (with every dietary requirement met without quibble), communal areas welcoming and clean, fantastic luxury boutique rooms, my list of praises could go on forever..........

An amazing trip made perfect after my introduction to Dar Zemora. Cannot wait to return!
*****

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

This hotel is absolutely gorgeous. The attention to detail is amazing.
The staff go above and beyond to make your stay comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable.
We stayed for 3 nights in the Pavilion which has 2 bedrooms with bathrooms, a living room and its own private pool. It was pure luxury!
The food is outstanding, they use ingredients grown in the gardens.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough - if you are visiting Marrakech there really is no need to look at any other hotels. This will by far exceed all of your expectations!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012 via mobile

Have been wanting to go back ever since. Personal service and attention, stunning setting...

It is out of town a bit... But this made it better for is than staying in the centre!

Have recommended to many friends who have gone since and loved every moment as we did!

• Stayed November 2011
Nottingham UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

A stunningly tranquil and serene place. Great staff and friendly helpful owners who are obviously keen to share their dream house with you. We stayed in the Zahara suite which was huge and beautiful, made even more special by the option to eat breakfast and lunches (and probably dinner too if you ask!) on our private balcony/patio. I enjoyed lazing and reading on the day bed on our patio whilst Mrs RP loved the pool. We ate dinner and lunch 'in' twice and whilst both were of good quality I must say I preferred the lunches of small moroccan 'mezze'.

The hotel has a lovely small library with a variety of travel reference books, fiction and guides to Marrakech. The other huge 'public' lounges are sumptuous and relaxing with outdoor seating spilling out into the attractive well tended gardens. Sitting watching the gardeners 'trim' the palms was a fascinating experience!

We had stayed in a central Marrakchi riad (Riad Zolah if you want to know...highly recommended) for our first week and so decided to come here for our final few days to continue the rest and relaxation we had developed in the Atlas and Essaouira, whilst still having easy access to the souks and sights of central Marrakech. Its a 200Dh taxi ride into the city from here, definitely not a walk....but the distance from the hubbub is what keeps it an oasis of calm. We'll be coming back....definitely!

Room Tip: The Zahara suite is on the ground floor with access to the gardens and probably the closest room to...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

We have been tempted to keep this a secret, but it doesn't seem fair that you might miss out.

Dar Zemora is all you could hope for when visiting Marrakech. This has been our third visit and if possible it just seems to get better.

Beautiful and peaceful with great attention to detail and friendly and attentive staff make Dar Zemora a perfect place to relax, whilst the city is just a short cab ride away.

Petal baths, massages, candles, fires, afternoon tea, wonderful lunches and dinners make it difficult to leave.

We will keep coming back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Dar Zemora? Share your experiences!