“good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #250 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
Toulouse, France
“good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The pool was not big like we expected, but was clean and nice to swim after spending a hot steamy day. There were one couple of turtle and one friendly cat in the garden , it was funny to see that they were getting along each other. The room was big enough and tidy but felt a little bit old and dark. The view from the room was just abondoned rubbish on the street. I liked the breakfast as there were plenty of food both salty and sweet. This place is worth the price. Stuffs were really kind and helpful. The location is good in New Marrakesh.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I loved this hotel. The rooms were clean and big, and there was a small window on the bathroom, viewing into the room. The food was really-really good, much better than in Agadir, Safi or Casablanca. It is near to Place Jamal El Fna, the centre of the city. The only weakness of the hotel was the view of the room. I could only see an abandoned ground between two buildings.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Baildon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Just got back on sunday from staying a week at the Diwane hotel,After reading some reviews previously i wasn't sure what to expect,But went with an open mind.
We had amazing time!
The room was lovely clean aircon,Fruit basket waiting to rose petals on the bed everyday from our maid.
The staff were great.Friendly everyday.And the pool guy never stopped all day helping people.
We went half board,Evening meals were great,Something different every night,The chef would come and chat to us and ask if we enjoyed.The breakfast was ok but after a few days we would have loved a bacon sandwich,But hey we can get that back home....:) 'not an upset tummy all week'.

If you want to see Marrakech and don't want to pay the big prices the hotel were charging,Then find mohamed the one legged taxi driver!
We spend two days with mohamed at a fixed rate for the day,And we got to see the beautiful city and much more!
What a great man! Totally looked after us all the time.And made a great friend.
Yes drinks are expensive,So big bag at the ready in a morning to the super market,What is 10 minutes down the road for our alcohol and goodies.

Weather fantastic and a great pool to cool down in.
We had the best week ever and couldn't have asked for more!
Would definitely stay here again.
So try not let petty negatives reviews cloud your judgement on this great hotel.'Its not hard to move a blanket'.:)

If your looking for a traditional moroccan feel hotel then the diwane is it!

Room Tip: Pool facing was lovely.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Hotel is lovely looking and very clean. (The cleaning ladies were lovely.)

TV, fridge and air con good.

Also in walking distance...1/2 hour...to the Medina (and just 10 mins to McDonald's).

Food...buffet was edible but same thing day after day.
I just thank god we were not fully inclusive as I think we would have
gone mad eating the same thing twice a day for six days!

As half board guests, we were relegated to the plebs restaurant and
were not allowed to sit in the area I wanted to sit in.
Instead, they sat us outside next to the toilets. Nice (not).
I felt very patronised by their treatment of me.

However, the chef did kindly cooked up some chips especially for my fussy 9 year old daughter.

I had a hamam and massage...that was ok.
The female staff used the term "no problem" quite a lot, which is nice.

Staff did not explain how to order drinks, etc. and tended to be quite abrupt when asked about such things.

In fact, I became very upset by the attitude of two particular male staff members. One in the restaurant and one on reception.

They say they want the customer to be happy but they don't
actually do anything to facilitate that.
I just felt palmed off.

They seemed not to understand what I was trying to say,
so I gave up trying to explain and decided to write it on here instead.
I'm thinking, maybe they will understand this better.

As a single woman inexperienced
with travelling and being alone with my two children,
I really could have done with a better attitude from those particular members of staff.

It was my holiday and I feel much more could have been done to make us feel welcome and valued.
Instead I felt alone, intimidated and afraid.

Another point...
It became apparent to me and several other guests that
the internet seemed to stop at 7pm each night although staff
seemed affronted when I dared to suggest it gets switched off.
Seemed a bit suspicious ...

The swimming pool is nice, and the guy who cleans it is friendly and helpful.
He gets a little precious over his towels but that just made me smile ;)

Ironically the attitude of the staff improved
about one day before we were due to leave.
Too late I'm afraid.

And I did hear stories from other guests that they heard staff making deals
with taxi drivers to over-charge and split the proceeds.

Overall a good hotel. Just could do with some
customer care training and to leave the internet on!

• Stayed July 2014
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We travelled as a group of 4 ladies, interested in the sun, relaxing and the hammams.
Check in - very efficient nice warm welcome for everyone.

Room - surprisingly big, clean and had great air conditioning.

We had rooms overlooking the pool, and neighbouring building site.

Pool -absolutely freezing. We travelled in February but it was early 30s and the pool was definitely a shock to the system. Nice and clean though.

Thank you to the lovely bloke who would tend to the pool, come midday the sun will switch in the courtyard and when we went for lunch every day without fail he will move our things to the new sunny spot. Was never a problem and for a few quid he would reserve our beds.

Food- lunches, absolutely delicious pizzas and burger,ps, salads were top notch. Staff again lovely.
Evening meals however we certainly struggled. A lot f the same same, I'm adventurous with my foods but I struggled to find a decent meal. Such a shame as the lunches were top notch.
Breakfast, again lovely.

We were half board and were happy to pay to dine in the hotel for lunch as very nice.
Drinks- very expensive. There are shops that are so much cheaper outside turn right down Main Street, lovely bloke called habil will sort you out with snacks and water.

Now for the spa, absolutely lush came out feeling so relaxed, fantastic prices for the packages, whole set up was great from the stairs with candles to the spotless hammams steam room.

Also, might I add I am very grateful to the staff on the doors, always keeping an eye out you feel very safe in the hotel.

All in all, fab time, miss marrakech and its many different aspects. Would return, only not half board.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Hull
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We booked a room overlooking the pool which we got on the top floor. The air-con was much appreciated and was very efficient and quiet, couldn't have done without it with temperatures in the 40s during the day. We removed the extremely thick blankets and quilts for the duration, really not needed. Room and bathroom was basic and just acceptably clean but shower left a lot to be desired, however towels and sheets were changed daily. we had a fridge, good for storing our water in ,and although there is a notice at the entrance which states not to bring your own food and water in, we didn't encounter any problems .The breakfasts were uninspiring, although plentiful, not very tasty but acceptable. We ate one night but meat tough, salads good and cakes limited. Ambience dire. Outside better than inside with the drab décor and lighting. Also I do not like tables being completely stripped for the next day while I am still eating. Nothing in the entertainment field, couldn't wait to finish and leave the table. Unfortunately it's either go into dreary, dark reception area or go out of the hotel, we went out. A pity we couldn't have sat in the pool area on an evening because the pool is really good and so well kept by the excellent pool man. It would also have been great if they had done pool service throughout the day, would have enjoyed having lunch by the pool but there are no facilities for this. Reception staff are very pleasant, waiters not over friendly but not rude, doormen and porters are helpful. All in all it's not a bad hotel but it just needs an injection of conviviality. In conclusion there were certainly no bed bugs, thieving chambermaids or aggressive security men I did wonder if that reviewer had even stayed in this hotel because I didn't recognize that description at all.

Room Tip: 524 overlooks pool, has a balcony and is very quiet because it is an end room on the top floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jersey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Have just returned from a one week stay at the Diwani Hotel & Spa with my two 20 year old daughters. When we arrived, had to wait an hour for our room but that was ok as we arrived at 11am. Front of house/reception staff were charming and helpful. We stayed in room 120 overlooking the pool. Good size room for the 3 of us. Very clean, beds changed every other day, our clothes were always folded and shoes tidied (not that we are untidy anyway). The room is basic but good air con and fridge. There is a notice saying bringing food and drink into the hotel is forbidden but we brought things in our handbags/carrier bags and nothing was said. We were on a half board basis. Breakfast and dinner was adequate but if you want fine dining then go somewhere else as this will not be for you. I knew what to expect in advance so was'nt particularly bothered. You can get good cheap meals outside of the hotel if you choose to do so. Apart from one waiter in the restaurant, every member of staff were lovely. Nothing too much trouble and very friendly. There were some small issues which were quickly rectified. The toilet was leaking water but this was attended to almost immediately. We needed more pillows (you only get one) and these were brought to our room within 10 minutes. Some days we had lunch at the bar (which we paid for). Simple food but reasonably priced. I noticed that some people have suffered from stomach upsets whilst staying at this hotel and assume its the food. Myself and one of my daughters also had tummy upsets but my other daughter was fine. However, we all ate the same food. I actually put it down to the amount of soda and water we were drinking. Soda has a high sugar content and this can act as a laxative. Also the heat doesn't help. Don't expect a British 4* equivalent as you won't get it. It's a 3* European standard. It's basic but clean, large rooms and centrally located. The pool area is quite small but again, well maintained. July is a very hot month with temperatures well in excess of 40 degrees and its also ramadam so bear this in mind. However, this did not spoil our holiday at all, in fact it made it all the more interesting. We visited the Atlas Mountains and Berber Villages. Very good tour. We took a horse and carriage ride (2 1/2 hours) at night through the old and new cities. Excellent! We went to the Moroccan show at night which was good although it is for the tourists but we still enjoyed it. We went to the souks but I would advise if you don't have a man with you, then go with a guide. We were going to go on the bus on our own but coincidentally one of the waiters from our hotel was just finishing his shift and asked us where we were going. I told him the souks and he said there were areas that would not be safe for women on their own and offered to come with us. He didn't want any money but was simply concerned for our well being. He actually spent most of the morning and part of the afternoon with us taking us to the best souks and keeping us safe. I must say I'm glad he came with us as there were areas where I felt that my daughters would not have been safe and I didn't notice many tourists either!. The Moroccans love to barter hard so bear this in mind as it can be exhausting as sometimes they just wont take no for an answer. Beware the one-legged taxi driver outside the hotel. He seems very sweet at first but after a couple of days he becomes a pain in the backside and by day five, I truly wanted to wrap his other leg around his neck!!! All in all this was an excellent week. Just bear in mind you get what you pay for. One week, half board including all flights and transfers for the three of us was £1000. You can't get much cheaper than that. If you take all of these things into account, I'm sure you will enjoy your stay in Marrakech.

Room Tip: Room 120 overlooks the pool. Good size and quiet away from the road.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Diwane Hotel? Share your experiences!