“not getting the scathing reviews..not top of the line luxury but decent hotel in a good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Diwane Hotel

You added Diwane Hotel to your Saves list
Diwane Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   24 rue Yougoslavie | Guéliz, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #256 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I went as a part of a groupon deal and the negative reviews surprised me and I wound up expecting the worst. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised and had a good stay. Yes, it is not quite 4 star and is more a 3.5 star but the at front desk and the door are helpful, the rooms are clean and there is a decent choice for breakfast. The decor is not as beautiful as some of the 5 star hotels in the area but it is value for money and the location is great as even though it is in Gulez, which is the posh part of the city, the old town and the souks are a mere twenty minute walk and the majorelle gardens are fifteen minutes away by foot. One thing though which Groupon does not specify - there is a tax of 33 dirhams to pay to the hotel for the stay but it is not much in pounds and was fine by us. There is a bit of noise with the footsteps on the floor but that is not the end of the world and I slept just fine.

Room Tip: choose a room by the pool facing the courtyard inside.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Diwane hotel is located in a great area, not all the staff are very nice some are very miserable some are very friendly and always smiling the service is great the food is not great, unprofessional chefs but the presentation is very professional, we got all inclusive but spent most of our money on food outside, there is a lot I can say but if I do ever visit Marrakech again I will not be going back to the same hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

My wife and I booked our trip to Marrakech for our birthdays through Groupon late last year. There have been some negative reviews of late, but we found the hotel and staff to be very good.

The decor is a little tired admittedly, and one or two of the staff could be brusque, but the rooms were clean and tidy, and the hotel itself is well located in the new town, only 15 minutes or so walk from the old town.

We had flower petals were scattered on our bed on arrival, and a lovely chocolate cake was left in our room for our birthdays, and the staff in the spa were excellent. My wife and I enjoyed a Hammam and couples massage.

We booked half-board, but with the expectation that given how cheap a place Marrakech is that we would eat out. Judging by the breakfast buffet I think this was the way to go. The breakfast included a limited selection of pastries and rolls, with continental meats, Moroccan pancakes made to order and eggs. It's not the most plentiful selection I've ever seen, but enough for a light breakfast before you head out for the day.

Overall, we were pleased with what we got for our money and we would stay there again. In response to those who complain at lack of tea and coffee making facilities in rooms, and having to haggle in the souks, I can only despair, if you go to a country that is culturally different to your own, you can't expect everything to be like it is 'back home'.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

We went on a weeks half board to the Diwane hotel in Marrakesh .I was nervous as I had looked at some poor reviews of low cost holidays as a company but to no avail .The holiday was seamless.Everything was as stated and in place .We had no hic ups .For the price we paid it was excellent value for money.We were delighted. The hotel food was fine but if you swap the evening meal for lunch it was some of the nicest food I have had for a long time . In my feedback I did recommend the pastry chef had a pay rise as the pastry sweets were so tasty ( often sweets abroad look great but are tasteless). It was my partners birthday during out trip and without any prompting we were sent a basket of fruit and the bed was made up with roses.The rooms were clean and we had a balcony. As in most cities the view wasn't great. My only grip was not enough coat hangers for a weeks stay.In all it was a great holiday and such good value . I have already booked another holiday with low cost holidays

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I had previously visited Marrakech and stayed in the old section within the walls, this was a good change to be outside the walls. This hotel is in a good location with a few pubs and some very nice restaurants close by. The rooms themselves are very large and clean, however a double room seems to be two single beds stuck together (not the worst thing ever). The food in the buffet area downstairs is very nice and we actually ended up eating here a few times. It's within walking distance to the shopping areas of new Marrakech. There is an amazing cafe in the main square which sells delicious cakes/ice-creams which we visited almost daily called cafe 13 which I would recommend. Overall because of the location and cleanliness in the hotel it gets a good rating from me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Spent 2 nights Diwane Marrakech - Great Location and only about 15 mins from the Airport. Rooms very clean and towels changed everyday. Hotel Staff were amazing and could not do enough for our party of 14 celebrating a 50th Birthday. Breakfast provided was a great variety of pastries/porridge/crepes/eggs/bread rolls etc and amazing orange juice. Hotel has a great morrocan feel and we were made very welcome by all the staff. I would highly recommend this hotel for a short break as great location and close to Soulks and bars/restaurants etc. Taxi's are very reasonable and we used them regulalrly to get about. Camel excusion was an amazing experience in the desert which Diwane Hotel organised for us, also used the Spa within the hotel which included a great Body Massage.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Enjoyed many aspects of our stay last week, and did book reading good recent reviews.HOWEVER prescription medication was stolen from room and staff completely uninterested in helping. Room was cold but was clean. We found the food plentiful and adequate but not very varied.I agree that the location is good and we enjoyed a couple of trips quad biking and to the 3 valleys on recommendation from trip advisor.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Diwane Hotel? Share your experiences!