“7 Night Trip To Marrakech” 3 of 5 stars

Diwane Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   24 rue Yougoslavie | Guéliz, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #247 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“7 Night Trip To Marrakech”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Diwane hotel is located in a great area, not all the staff are very nice some are very miserable some are very friendly and always smiling the service is great the food is not great, unprofessional chefs but the presentation is very professional, we got all inclusive but spent most of our money on food outside, there is a lot I can say but if I do ever visit Marrakech again I will not be going back to the same hotel.

• Stayed January 2014

541 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

My wife and I booked our trip to Marrakech for our birthdays through Groupon late last year. There have been some negative reviews of late, but we found the hotel and staff to be very good.

The decor is a little tired admittedly, and one or two of the staff could be brusque, but the rooms were clean and tidy, and the hotel itself is well located in the new town, only 15 minutes or so walk from the old town.

We had flower petals were scattered on our bed on arrival, and a lovely chocolate cake was left in our room for our birthdays, and the staff in the spa were excellent. My wife and I enjoyed a Hammam and couples massage.

We booked half-board, but with the expectation that given how cheap a place Marrakech is that we would eat out. Judging by the breakfast buffet I think this was the way to go. The breakfast included a limited selection of pastries and rolls, with continental meats, Moroccan pancakes made to order and eggs. It's not the most plentiful selection I've ever seen, but enough for a light breakfast before you head out for the day.

Overall, we were pleased with what we got for our money and we would stay there again. In response to those who complain at lack of tea and coffee making facilities in rooms, and having to haggle in the souks, I can only despair, if you go to a country that is culturally different to your own, you can't expect everything to be like it is 'back home'.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

We went on a weeks half board to the Diwane hotel in Marrakesh .I was nervous as I had looked at some poor reviews of low cost holidays as a company but to no avail .The holiday was seamless.Everything was as stated and in place .We had no hic ups .For the price we paid it was excellent value for money.We were delighted. The hotel food was fine but if you swap the evening meal for lunch it was some of the nicest food I have had for a long time . In my feedback I did recommend the pastry chef had a pay rise as the pastry sweets were so tasty ( often sweets abroad look great but are tasteless). It was my partners birthday during out trip and without any prompting we were sent a basket of fruit and the bed was made up with roses.The rooms were clean and we had a balcony. As in most cities the view wasn't great. My only grip was not enough coat hangers for a weeks stay.In all it was a great holiday and such good value . I have already booked another holiday with low cost holidays

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I had previously visited Marrakech and stayed in the old section within the walls, this was a good change to be outside the walls. This hotel is in a good location with a few pubs and some very nice restaurants close by. The rooms themselves are very large and clean, however a double room seems to be two single beds stuck together (not the worst thing ever). The food in the buffet area downstairs is very nice and we actually ended up eating here a few times. It's within walking distance to the shopping areas of new Marrakech. There is an amazing cafe in the main square which sells delicious cakes/ice-creams which we visited almost daily called cafe 13 which I would recommend. Overall because of the location and cleanliness in the hotel it gets a good rating from me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Spent 2 nights Diwane Marrakech - Great Location and only about 15 mins from the Airport. Rooms very clean and towels changed everyday. Hotel Staff were amazing and could not do enough for our party of 14 celebrating a 50th Birthday. Breakfast provided was a great variety of pastries/porridge/crepes/eggs/bread rolls etc and amazing orange juice. Hotel has a great morrocan feel and we were made very welcome by all the staff. I would highly recommend this hotel for a short break as great location and close to Soulks and bars/restaurants etc. Taxi's are very reasonable and we used them regulalrly to get about. Camel excusion was an amazing experience in the desert which Diwane Hotel organised for us, also used the Spa within the hotel which included a great Body Massage.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Enjoyed many aspects of our stay last week, and did book reading good recent reviews.HOWEVER prescription medication was stolen from room and staff completely uninterested in helping. Room was cold but was clean. We found the food plentiful and adequate but not very varied.I agree that the location is good and we enjoyed a couple of trips quad biking and to the 3 valleys on recommendation from trip advisor.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Just got back from this hotel just over a week ago with one of my BFFs. The service was at a very high standard. The staff are very friendly, the food is great and the atmosphere is alive. It has a lovely feel. The Moroccan design is amazing! The hotel is also in a great location. Bus 19 travels to and fro the airport in just 25mins for only 50dirhams(£3.59) return! The bus stops 2mins away from the hotel.

Special thanks to the lovely kitchen staff especially Hamid and the gentleman and lady who made the Moroccan pancakes in the mornings (forever smiling). You really made us feel welcomed. Special thanks also to the lovely room service lady who made swans out of towels, decorated my room with roses and rose petals and left complimentary fruit and drink - all a surprise to toast my birthday! Amazing! I was deeply touched. Special thanks to the lady masseuse with the magic fingers who gave me the best full body message ever! Special thanks also to the lovely young lady at the front desk who always had a beautiful smile. Thanks to the tall, slim, mature gentleman at the frontless that allowed us to check in 45mins earlier than permitted. Thanks to the lovely gentleman that helped us with our bags to our room.

There is only Wifi in the lobby but you will get a signal on the first floor. We stayed in room 104 and we had wifi. There was a strong signal at quiet times.

Special thanks to our privately hired cab men Ahmed (tel: 0667598836 CAB 451) and Mohammed 0661478138). Thanks for taking us around Marrakesh and the Atlas Mountains. Thanks also for taking such great care of us and your lovely disposition.

Morocco is amazing! So much to see and do. My highlights were the food, full body message, camel riding at Palmarie, having lunch in a river, the Atlas Mountains and the beautiful decorations provided by my hotel. Crossing the road could be a hassle though :). LOL! But hey all part of the experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Diwane Hotel? Share your experiences!