Riad Orangerie is truly exceptional. My husband and I just returned from a two-week trip to Morocco and our stay at this riad was a highlight of our trip. Other TA reviewers have spoken to the riad’s great location (smack in the middle of the medina) and the lovely physical space (we especially loved the rooftop deck for reading in the warm January sun, listening to the call to prayer at the mosques). So I will focus my comments on the service provided by Cyril Bernard and his team.
The extraordinary service began when I made my reservations several months prior. I asked (via email) about several things beyond the accommodations: e.g. a transfer from Casablanca, how to plan a 4-day overland trip to through the High Atlas Mountains and on to Fez. Cyril responded quickly, graciously, and with excellent ideas. The transfer went perfectly, and the tour company he connected us with planned and delivered a memorable trip. At the riad itself, his staff went out of their way to be welcoming and attentive. We interacted quite a bit with Azizz who was friendly, professional, and very helpful and with the young lady in the kitchen always had a huge smile on her face.
But this was not the end of the service! When I returned home to the US, I discovered that I had left my favorite sweater somewhere. I checked our photos and traced my last wearing to the Riad Orangerie. I wrote a note to Cyril asking if they had happened to come across it. Next thing I knew he was phoning me in the US to get more details and then, phoning me again to tell me they had found it and he would bring it to France where he would ship it back to me. Unbelievable! I can’t ever remember – in 4 decades of traveling – this level of personal service.
All in all, I think it would be hard to top the Riad Orangerie in location, physical space, and especially service…anywhere. Thank you, everyone, for a memorable stay!
- Also Known As:
- Riad De l`Orangeraie Hotel Marrakech
- Riad De l`Orangeraie Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Restored to its previous grandeur by a passionate team, this ancient Marrakech residence has been transformed into a Riad with a delightful ambiance. The seven spicy bedrooms, warm and colourful like their name, open onto two patios. The garden patio, where you can enjoy the flowers and aromatic plants while the fountain trickles in the background and the pool patio, an invitation to the art of relaxation, beside the sky blue mosaic pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Escapio so you can book your Riad l'Orangeraie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.