“Riad Kniza a truly wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Kniza

Save Saved
You added Riad Kniza to your Saves list
Riad Kniza
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   34 Derb l'Hotel | Bab Doukkala, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Special Offer
Free Inclusions
Ranked #8 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
New York
“Riad Kniza a truly wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2006

The riad was one of the best parts of our vacation. My wife and I spent a few nights there during our stay in Morocco and returned there after a stay in Essaouira. Kamal and his staff provided impeccable service while treating us as if we were a part of his family. After a long stressful flight, he brought immediate calm to our holiday by ushering us to the riad and having food prepared for us. From the moment you step in the door, every need or question is immediately tended to. Nothing was too much trouble. Always helpful and welcoming, the staff at the riad was wonderful. Kamal was even kind enough to make me a CD of Moroccan music after hearing that I was a musician. I have travelled to over 30 countries and have never encountered this degree of hospitality. From thoughtfully making a CD to giving us a personal tour of Marrakech to having a car await our arrival from Essaouira, Kamal and his staff made our trip a truly memorable and stressfree holiday. He even rang up our driver during the trip from Essaouira to Marrakech to make sure that we were ok and asked if there was anything we needed once we got to the riad. Our driver, who actually works for other riads as well, said that only at Riad Kniza do they follow up on their clients. It was small touches such as these which made me fall in love with Riad Kniza. If you want to know what it feels like to be royalty, then stay at this riad. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed July 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
McLean, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2006

I just got back from Morocco almost a week ago and had a wonderful trip. It was our first trip to Morocco and Kamal was instrumental in making our stay a success from the beginning to end. Before leaving the states, we realized the train schedule in Casablanca wouldn’t fit our arrival time from New York. Kamal relieved our anxiety by arranging a driver during our whole trip that included Fez, Marrakech and Essaouria. He also arranged a tour guide for us while in Fez to show us around the Medina. He was always a step-ahead making sure we had arrangements for everything from spa service to shopping in the Souks. Kamal was in constant contact with our driver Abdul during our whole trip. Rarely, do you find that type of service, even in the states. Abdul was more than professional in making sure our ride was comfortable during our drive. When we arrived in Marrakech, Kamal personally met us at the gate and we received a warm reception at the Riad Kniza. We stayed 3 nights at the Riad Kniza and had a fabulous time. The suite was lovely, decorated with fresh flowers and beautiful antiques. I enjoyed the atmosphere, which was very comfortable and relaxing. The Suite Ambar was the best sleep I’ve had in months and each suite at the Riad has its own flavor. Riad Kniza is not just any hotel accommodation, they take personal interest in making their guests comfortable and happy. Having stayed at 5-star hotels in the states and elsewhere, the personal touch at Riad Kniza is above 5-Star. Kamal’s phenomenal expertise as Director of the Riad Kniza makes him the best host and travel advisor for anyone considering traveling to Morocco.

I cannot say enough about the accommodations and warm reception from the staff at the Kniza. Everyone was amazing and God willing, I will definitely return to the Kniza to see my new Moroccan friends.

Santanisha

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2006

I recently came back from Marrakech and I stayed at Riad Kniza – by far one of the best “Hotel de Charme” that I’ve had the pleasure of staying at, I highly recommend it. The Riad is exquisitely decorated in traditional Moroccan fashion with great attention to detail (e.g. they place fresh rose petal at their interior fountain each day.) The location is great as it is close to all the main venues and to the Souq. The Riad’s kitchen is nothing short of superb – you’ve got to try their “Lamb tagine with figs & walnuts” among many other fine and delicious things – just a perfect end to the day – either served at the privacy of your suite or at their beautiful terrace. The staff could not be better – multi-lingual, multi-talented & always with a smile! On my next visit to Marrakech, there’s no thinking about were I’ll stay, I’ll be heading straight to Riad Kniza. The staff is excellent and I particularly want to single out Samira, Isham, Mr. Kamal (thanks for your help in getting me to Casablanca!), and Rachid (he’s not part of the Riad’s staff – but he is an excellent tour guide & driver, hired by the Riad.)

Salisbury, Wiltshire UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2006

We spent three nights in Riad Kniza at the end of June 2006 and experienced an oasis of calm, wonderful service, excellent food, extremely obliging and polite staff, very comfortable en suite accomodation and with a very high standard of decor throughout the Riad. Kamel the owner/manager was the perfect host and his staff could not have been more helpful and accomodating; above all this was true value for money. The romance of taking dinner on the roof garden is unsurpassed and again the the food and service was superb.

Riad Kniza is situated on the edge of the Medina and importantly for us in amongst the hustle and bustle of the real Marakesh. Only a short distance away is The Square with all the Suks and their accompanying "entertainers" as well as the Khazba, and local culture is also close by. The people were friendly towards us albeit they could (as expected) be quite overenthusiastic in trying to sell their wares!

We would heartely recommend Riad Kniza to anybody wanting to stay in Marakesh, and wish Kamel every success in the years ahead.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2006

Our 3 night-2 day stay at the Riad-Kniza was truly an enjoyable experience. Never having been to Morocco before, we were apprehensive as we walked from the gate of the wall to the door of the Riad. We did not understand the custom of having non-descript entrances, but having very luxurious appointments inside.

The staff and mangement of the Riad-Kniza made us feel very welcome and treated us to outstanding food, drink, and service.

Our group of 6 nearly "took-over" the Riad as the facility enabled us to gather in the late afternoon for coctails, snacks, and conversation - later to be fed outstanding Moroccan food.

It was a pleasure to have had this opportunity to stay in Marrakech.

Stayed June 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2006

I always wanted to get married in Marrakech, so my husband and I decided to go there few months before our big day to choose a riad that we would rent exclusively for the event.
After spending days looking for the perfect place, we found Riad Kniza, a gem in the heart of the medina, a real tastfully decorated moroccan riad, the decor is traditional, the rooms were amazingly beautiful, there was a roof terrace where we could have a candle light dinner for the wedding. The place was so charming and so romantic, there was no way we would have had our party anywhere else.
There are millions of riads in Marrakech, most of them are decorated with a european or a modern touch but riad Kniza is the real thing.
The Director Kamal made us feel at home straight away, he was so helpful and assured us that they would take care of every little detail about the wedding. Actually as it is a family run hotel, everybody was helping.
The staff was excellent, so polite and helpful with our 60 guests who came from Morocco, France, the UK and even Japan.
Kamal is very knownledgeable about his city which was very helpful, he organised to book a Hammam for us, we had a lady coming to do my hair and do some henna. He organised the musicians, the belly dancer, the food which was excellent.
At the end of the night he even organised horse carriges to take back our guests to their hotels.
It was an unforgettable evening for my husband and I of course, both our families and of course our guests who absolutly loved it.
I can't describe in words how fantastic Riad Kniza is, you have to experience it.
The personalized service which makes it better than in a 5 star hotel and the attention to detail put in every corner of the riad just shows how much love and effort the owners put into it.
I have been many times in Marrakech and stayed in many boutique hotels and riads before but if you want to experience the best of this magical city, stay at Riad Kniza.
Mehdia Eldridge, London UK.e a

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2006

The Riad Kniza is much more than a home from home. The attention to detail and personal service are second to none. Nothing is too much trouble there and my fiance and I are very proud and extremely honoured to be able to call everyone at the Riad, especially Mohammmed, Kamal, Samira and Hannen, our friends.
The decor is exquisite, the roof terrace and its views over the rooftops and minarets of the medina absolutely stunning. The peace and quiet at the Kniza is a welcome contrast to the bustling city itself. In fact, it is so serene, you sometimes wonder how you can possibly be in the middle of Marrakech! The food at the Riad is a veritable gourmet experience every time. All in all, a beautiful place to stay.
We have seen other riads in the medina, albeit only from their respective entrances, and, to be honest, I am not sure I would feel totally at ease there, especially as my latest visit was with a girlfriend. At the Kniza, I know I will always be well looked after. Just by way of example, my friend and I had a day trip to the Atlas mountains and a Berber market. Everything was arranged by the Kniza and they regularly rang our driver throughout the day to make sure that all was OK. You can't get much better than that! My fiance knew that my friend and I would be in good hands.
My fiance and I travel as much as we can and are always keen to see new places. We do, however, always manage to return to Marrakech (this last visit was my tenth time!) and wouldn't dream of staying anywhere other than the Riad Kniza. And of all the places we have been, we have chosen this as the venue for our wedding in September 2007. We know that Mohammed and Kamal, and everyone else, will make it a very special and unforgettable occasion for us.
In the meantime, we have already booked to go back in September of this year, and there will no doubt be a few more trips prior to the Big Day. Not that WE need any excuses to return! I could go on forever, but I shall stop there and hope that my review will encourage readers to experience for themselves the beauty and serenity of the Riad Kniza.

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Riad Kniza? Share your experiences!