“Beautiful Riad” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Kniza

You added Riad Kniza to your Saves list
Riad Kniza
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   34 Derb l'Hotel | Bab Doukkala, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Special Deal
€30 meal credit
Ranked #17 of 481 Hotels in Marrakech
Reading, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Riad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This Riad is absolutely beautiful and the staff are very kind and helpful. The room was huge and spotlessly clean and we were allowed to be served meals wherever we liked within the riad which was a lovely touch. The reception staff were incredibly helpful and we were provided with loads of information when we arrived.

However Something I feel needs mentioning is the riad is located next to a number of butchers stalls within the medina. I found this a little distressing especially seeing the live chickens arriving crammed in to tiny cages ready for the butcher. I appreciate this isn't anything to do with the riad and probably won't bother some people but it is worth noting before booking if you do find this uncomfortable.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Greater London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Great! The reception staff were fantastic to deal with - smiling all the time, and quick to respond to any request or question. The rooms are really big and clean, the hotel is perfectly located.
Thank you all for your excellent service.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I visited marrakech this august with my husband and 2 kids (aged 4 and 1.5 years old). The riad is very sweet, small and peaceful. We enjoyed the authenticity of it all. However I wouldn't advise it for kids. It's not suitable for them and neither does the hotel cater for them. Due to it being very quiet and peaceful, I had to constantly shush the kids in order not to disturb other guests. The room was neat and clean however there was an excessive amount of unnecessary bedding that took up space in the room. The breakfast was not to our taste, we barely ate. A request for toast took no less than an hour. There was nothing for the kids to eat either. Big downside. The spa was good, but not really 5 star. No towels used to cover you during a massage. Average massage overall. The location of the riad is very close to the entrance of the medina. But don't be fooled, the walk to the square is NOT 10 minutes as I had read before. It's at least 15-20 minutes. This wasn't ideal when pushing prams. Also, the riad is located in the "butcher area" of the medina so it's definitely not the place to stay if you are sensitive to bad smells. The staff
were very pleasant and helpful. They were very willing to assist us with whatever we needed. I wouldn't recommend a stay here for more than 2 days.

Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Riad Kniza last month. It was nothing short of amazing. The staff was truly top notch -- their service seems to be an authentic extension of who they are. The room and facilities were immaculate with many special touches added. I was also traveling solo, so I read the reviews thoroughly before deciding on a place. The reviews did not disappoint in any way. I was personally looking for a place to rest, and experience the culture. The Riad was the perfect choice for a relaxing get away, and during the day they arranged a guide for me so that I could explore the city and culture. I highly recommend considering that route; it is well worth it. It was a beautiful trip and stay, and I look very forward to returning!

• Stayed July 2015, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I can recommend Riad Kniza to anyone traveling in Marrakech! The grounds and rooms are immaculate with an old world charm. The daily breakfasts were delicious and served whenever and wherever (in your room, on the rooftop, etc,) we wanted. The staff and the proprietor were friendly and accommodating. They let us keep our room until 9:30pm on our checkout day since our flight was late at night. I'd definitely stay here again!

Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had the pleasure to stay in Riad Kniza (it's in name = a real hidden treasure in the middle of it all!) a couple of nights last month.
We had a great time and truly enjoyed hospitality exceeding the 5 stars standard.
Staff always present, smiling and making sure you are always comfortable.
Glad we trusted the fantastic reviews about the Riad!
Keep it up and good luck!

Abdel & Khadija

Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Riad Kniza deserves the highest ratings. My two nights' stay here was the highlight of my Moroccan trip. The staff's attention to detail is incredible, not to mention the absolutely gorgeous interiors that have been well-preserved throughout history. The atmosphere was magical. I would definitely come back to stay here again when I return to Marrakech in the future.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple