“Exotic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Farnatchi

Save Saved
You added Riad Farnatchi to your Saves list
Riad Farnatchi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Derb el Farnatchi, Rue Souk el Fassis | Qua'at Ben Ahid, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #34 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
NYC
“Exotic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

I really don't know where to begin. My experience was so wonderful at Riad Farnatchi that I dream of returning. I had a chance to see all of the nine rooms, one lovelier than the next. A few days at Farnatchi is a true escape to another time and place. The staff is low key ,ever attentive and constantly at your beck and call. Lynn Perez,eRiad manager, is probably the most helpful person I have encountered in all of my many years of traveling. There is no problem that Ms. Perez can't solve. She is easy available for suggestions and solutions. She will make things happen for you. Riad Farnatchi is a place that I look forward to returning to very soon.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

Not only was it my first trip to Marrakech, but my first time travelling alone. A friend had recommended Fernatchi to me as a great place to unwind and be gently introduced to the sights and sounds of the medina. As soon as I set foot in the door any anxieties that I had melted away and with expert guidance from Lynn Perez, who posesses an encyclopedic knowlege of all things Marrakech, I knew I could not fail to have a good time. Coming back at the end of the day to the riad's luxurious and peaceful facilites, where service is highly professional and pre-emptive and the rooms so beautifully decorated and comforting, I really wouldn't want to have stayed anywhere else. One tiny detail that I love is the locally made Verbena soap. A joy to the senses!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

I have been to Marrakech many, many times. There are so many riads that photograph beautifully. Yet, they disappoint in reality.

Among the handful of truly stellar places in Marrakech is Riad Farnatchi, and over the years it has become among my favorite places to stay.

First of all, it is incredibly beautiful. You are in the heart of the medina, you feel the breath of Morocco and you get a feeling unlike anywhere else. That is something of which I never tire.

Second of all, its level of service is among the highest in Morocco. Its staff is well trained and delivers exceedingly well to a discerning clientele – and always with a smile and a “no problem” attitude. I have seen them handle all sorts of clients from all over the world – some easy, some not-so-easy – always with grace and efficiency.

Third of all, its manager (a Canadian who has lived in Morocco nearly 10 years) is one of the most authoritative individuals on Marrakech. In Morocco, management is everything and it is rare to see a place that truly functions well.

Most importantly, perhaps, it has a certain energy, a certain vibe. It is a heartfelt hospitality. A sense of being in your own home. A place of great beauty and serenity, yet a place where you can feel 100% comfortable to relax and be yourself and curl up on the patio with a good book and some iced mint tea.

As someone who knows Morocco better than most, I think Riad Farnatchi embodies the very best of Morocco.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

Riad Farnatchi is probably the best run Riad in Marrakech. We've stayed there numerous times and have been amazed each time by the level of service and attention to detail. Lynn Perez is a great host who will go to great lengths to fullfill any requests (as long as they are decent of course). It's a hidden gem in the Medina and those who are lucky enough to book a room will enjoy a great stay. The rooms are superstylish and have that lovely smell one can only find in Marrakech. It makes us want to go back each year.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Bath, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

Another great stay at Riad Farnatchi, our fourth - this place just gets better and better. Thinking of a break in Marrakech, there's no better place to stay. The location is great - minutes from Ben Yousef Medersa and the Museum of Marrakech; only 5 minutes away from the souks and 10 minutes from Jemma al Fna. The beautifully restored Riad is a fantastic place to relax with luxurious suites. The staff provide a service second to none - descrete but nothing is too much trouble. The food is delicious and on this visit we ate at home more than in the vast choice of restaurants around. The place is incredible and worth every penny. We are already planning to return and looking at flights for our next visit.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

I stayed at Riad Farnatchi after reading The Times had named it the hippest hotel in Marrakesh. I had high expectations given Angelina Jolie was a former guest and hoped the pictures were a true depiction of the hotel itself.

My partner and I stayed here to welcome in New Year 2009. All I can say was that the Riad absolutely made the trip. We were collected at the airport and taken to the Riad via a 4X4 followed by an expedition on foot (helped by a local boy who actually refused our tip as it wasn’t enough!) Marrakesh is a mad city, with monkeys, snakes, and scooters, and so may not be to everyone liking. Yet the Riad is an oasis of calm, peace and tranquility, complete with all mod cons from iPod dockers, DVD libraries, and Molton Brown toiletries.

The staff treated us like film stars and will organize anything you like from club nights at Pacha, to restaurant reservations.

Our room was super-huge with a shower that could have accommodated a whole football team, and a bath deep enough to get lost in. The bed itself was the size of a New York hotel room and we had our own outside space.

The roof terrace is a fabulous place to enjoy a breakfast – easily one of the best I’ve had and the service is understated and immaculate.

We had a truly memorable trip, and the staff were the most welcoming and attentive I have ever encountered. Thank you Riad Farnatchi!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2009

We stayed at this Riad in January. When we made the reservation, we requested room suite number 6 and when we arrived at the riad, we were checked in for suite number 6. Very high service level starting at the airport with the tranfer, at the riad with all meals (diner is a must!). All served meals are great. Nothing is to much to arrange. Next time in Marrakech we will stay at Riad Farnatchi again. We stayed 4 nigths but we left with the feeling we stayed for a week.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Farnatchi? Share your experiences!