“Terrific family holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Farnatchi

Save Saved
You added Riad Farnatchi to your Saves list
Riad Farnatchi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Derb el Farnatchi, Rue Souk el Fassis | Qua'at Ben Ahid, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #29 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“Terrific family holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

What a wonderful experience. We celebrated our ruby wedding with our grown up children and we were blown away by the amazing suites and the professionalism and friendliness of all the staff. What a happy place to stay and so well situated in the Medina. Can't imagine how anyone would wish to stay in a hotel when you get such comfort and attention in this Riad.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
jameswix, Owner at Riad Farnatchi, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
What a super review, thank you very much! I am so glad that you had such a great time in Marrakech and at Riad Farnatchi. I really hope that we will be able to welcome you all back to Marrakech again soon. Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review!

271 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

You can't go wrong staying at Riad Farnatchi. The staff's attention to detail is amazing - especially Karimia (I'm probably butchering her name) but she was so great at assisting us during our stay she deserves this shout out. We stayed in Suite 4 - super nice room with a huge king size bed and a beautiful fireplace. Bathroom was also very nice with the best towels I have ever had away from home. The floor in the bathroom is heated in the evenings which is a very nice touch. One thing I will caution on is that the tub does not drain well and it makes for a treacherous climb out of the tub without a handrail. I know Mr. Wix reads these reviews so I hope he takes it to heart when I say that the tub in #4 is a broken hip waiting to happen. Suite 4 also has a beautiful private terrace up on the roof-sitting there in the afternoon was simply wonderful. We really liked the riad's location which was in the medina but not in the middle of the medina's craziness.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
jameswix, Owner at Riad Farnatchi, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked your room and the location of the Riad. I have looked into the drainage of the bath and we have now rectified this problem, thank you for bringing it to our attention. I very much hope that you will come back to Marrakech again and that I can look forward to welcoming you back to Riad Farnatchi. I will also make sure I pass on your thanks to Karima who I know will be delighted.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We got the chance to stay in Suite #3 and Suite #9 on our honeymoon. It was ideal. Lovely, friendly and helpful staff, beautiful place, unique and full of character. The bathrooms and balconies are incredible. Location is great, so much fun to explore in the medina of Marrakech.

jameswix, Owner at Riad Farnatchi, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed spending your Honeymoon with us, thank you very much for taking the time to put your kind words on Trip Advisor, every good review helps us hugely. I very much hope that you will visit Riad Farnatchi again soon.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We were booked here by Butterfield and Robinson as part of our bicycle vacation in Morocco. We stayed in several great places, but Riad Farnatchi was a jewel. James Wix, the owner, and his smiling, helpful staff welcomed us and were always ready with help and advice. The buildings and rooms are newly restored and beautifully done. Our whole group enjoyed the meals here; this was a perfect final accommodation for our trip.

Room Tip: Suite 9 was delightful and overlooked the central court. Don't miss the view over the city from...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
jameswix, Owner at Riad Farnatchi, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of Riad Farnatchi. We are all so grateful for your kind words and comments. I will definitely pass on your remarks about the food to the chef who will be delighted. I very much hope that you will come and visit us again soon.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

We needed to destress and this riad was certainly the answer. Service was attentive without being over the top. Location was perfect as long as you don't mind the call of morning prayer. All the staffs and owner James cannot be faulted as they were there when you need them but discreet when you don't. Do try the roast lamb in the restaurant - melts in your mouth!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
jameswix, Owner at Riad Farnatchi, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
What very kind words thank you! I really enjoyed talking to you both and hope very much that we will be able to welcome you back to Riad Farnatchi soon. I am delighted that you were not put off your dinner by me carving for you!

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review of your stay.
Banbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This was our first visit to Marrakech and Riad Farnatchi certainly did not disappoint. It is perfectly located with all the wonders of the medina just on its doorstep but the most exquisite part about Riad Farnatchi is the peacefulness and serenity that it posses given the exotic madness on the other side of the walls.
The service was impeccable and the food was simply excellent, the best lamb we have ever had. We were extremely impressed with the staff who were both friendly and extremely helpful throughout our stay.
All in all Riad Farnatchi was an absolute pleasure to stay at and a truly wonderful experience. Having stayed in good hotels all over the world I can honestly say that Riad Farnatchi is up there with the best. I would highly recommend this Riad, so much so we are already planning our return next year.

jameswix, Owner at Riad Farnatchi, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
I am so grateful to you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Riad Farantchi. I am also delighted that you enjoyed your time here in Marrakech and that we will be able to welcome you back next year.

I am also delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our food, we prepare everything to order which gives us a chance to really make sure every dish is full of the wonderful flavors of all the local spices.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Riad Farnatchi on your next visit to Marrakech.
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Wonderful oasis far from the 'Madding Crowd ' literally !! Be prepared to be culture shocked on the outside of the Riad .. inside is a fabulous oasis of calm
My goodness this Riad is fab ... not so much the decor more the service, the suites, the food and the general calming atmosphere
Siad, Karim, Lessen ... the chappie who served breakfast on the very warm terrace ... the ladies who scrubbed me down in the Hamman ... the masseur who pulled my limbs from my sockets and massaged my back like dough ... all amazing and done with the precision and kindness that matches any 5* we have stayed... we will be back thank you so much

Room Tip: Any of the suites just ask for one with a terrace so you can sunbathe and have drinks on your pation
jameswix, Owner at Riad Farnatchi, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and very pleased to note that you would like to come and stay again soon. All of our team love to hear the comments that people write about their stay at Riad Farnatchi. I look forward to seeing you again when you return.

Been to Riad Farnatchi? Share your experiences!