“Just marvelous ...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Sultana Marrakech

Save Saved
You added La Sultana Marrakech to your Saves list
La Sultana Marrakech
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   403 rue de la kasbah | Kasbah - Medina, Marrakech 40 000, Morocco   |
Ranked #29 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Paris, France
“Just marvelous ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Nothing to say ... everything single thing was just perfect !! I fell in love with this place, nevertheless :

Just one little remark concerning the SPA: Massages are good, scrub is good also and pretty welldone but to upgrade the level ... please try to be more communicative with the client ... by giving more explaination, avoiding people to wait too long alone at the same place, avoiding to make noice when people are relaxing in the main room, offering a tea before and after the massage ... every little things that cost nothing but change everything and make the difference between medium/high level and excellence !! It is too important for a place at your standarts ...

... and concerning the cardio training center that is a bit weak ...

Hope to see you soon !!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

615 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

Last week, I had the pleasure at staying at, what I believe is one of the most gorgeous places in Marrakech, right in the heart of the Medina. The Sultana Hotel is what I would call a diamond in the rough, but in this case, the rough part of it as been shined to a crytal light perfection. After some serious consideration on my and my spouse's part, we decided that Marrakech would be the ideal location for a well earned vacation. The fact that we chose The Sultana was a grace from God. The rooms are individualisted to suit each customor's preferance, and I had the chance to have an zebra print room. What I adored even more was the little box of assorted chocolates and the sweet proverbs provided each night on the bed. The lobby is homey, and the staff generous and welcoming. This review must be a drag, but I cannot seem to stop raving about the hotel. All I can say is give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

After spending so much time looking for a great place to surprise my fiancé, I finally found this great hotel.
The hotel looks like a small and intimate Sultan's Palace, which was perfect for our romantic getaway.
Our room was stunning with red colours and wooden hand-made ceiling. Every detail was a piece of art: fireplace, wooden ceiling, shell-formed bath, private area in front of the room with amazing seats made of Zebus horns!
The Spa was the most beautiful place I had ever seen, with marble cushions on the floor. During our stay, my boyfriend and I had a 4-hand massage. It is a wonderful relaxing experience as every part of your body relaxes at the same time.
The staff was very nice to us and truly professional.
Marrakesh is a great city with a lot of things to do and visit. We stayed 5 nights and it is a minimum to spend in Morocco as you can also go trekking in the mountains or spend some time enjoying the beautiful Moroccan coastline.
We would definitely recommend this hotel to our friends and family and when we go back to Marrakesh, this is where we will be staying.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
troyes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

we stayed at the hotel on march with english customers. They would just like to share you their wondurfull experience.The staff made the stay so memorable.The hotel was the best they have never stayed. The food exquisite,service attentive. My own choice was the best. Thank you so much.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Hertfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

This is a delightful place to stay. It has real magic and Moroccan charm about it. The rooms are all different an highly individual arranged around a collection of Riads with a large swimming pool in the centre. There is a very huge roof terrace with a plunge pool which is peaceful and has great views over the Kasbah. The staff are very warm and welcoming and the food is very good - from the roof terrace restaurant at lunchtime to the more formal and atmospheric restaurant on the ground floor in the evening.
We went originally last year at the same time and decided to go back again. I have to say that it was even better this year. It is always quiet and there a few children.
We will definitely go back again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Cornwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

All I can say about this hotel is "wow" absolutely stunning in every way. The service is without doubt "7 star" not 5. From check in where we were given mint tea, pastries, a massage to recover from our trip and a tour of the hotel by the management to check out was without doubt exceptional. This riad was simply stunning, from the architecture to the decor. During our stay I celebrated my birthday. On the day of my birthday I returned to my room to find a note and a gift from all the staff at the hotel wishing me a happy birthday. We all had dinner in the restaurant that night as well where after our dinner all the restaurant staff and the musician came over singing happy birthday to me in French and presented me with a birthday cake which was delicious. The point of this is nobody had told them it was my birthday they got it off my passport when we checked in. All the team at the hotel was just dripping in attention to detail, the service, food, breakfast on the terrace was just simply amazing. The opulence of the room and the decor was stunning right down to petals in the bathroom a huge marble bath and an over sized very comfy bed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, I doubt very much you could stay anywhere better or more centrally located.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
cornwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

Fantastic oasis of peace in the centre of the medina. From the moment we arrived we were treated to the highest standard of service with mint tea, local pastries, a massage and hotel tour. Our bedroom was beautiful in an ornate Morrocan style with a palatial bathroom sprinkled with rose petals, free soft drinks in mini bar and amazing extra details such as a straw beach bag with pool towels and straw hats. Without exception every member of the hotel team from the manager down introduced themselves and greeted us warmly. Breakfast on the roof terrace in the morning sun was a perfect start to the day with a huge selections of breads and fruits. During our stay our friend celebrated his birthday and returned to his room to a card and gift, plus after dinner the staff sang "Happy Birthday" (in french) and presented him with a cake with candles - all this even though we had not mentioned to the hotel that is was his birthday. Dinner in the restaurant was of a high standard. Overall this is an outstanding place of peace and efficient service within the hustle and bustle of Marrakech

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Been to La Sultana Marrakech? Share your experiences!