“Wonderful road-palace....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Sultana Marrakech

You added La Sultana Marrakech to your Saves list
La Sultana Marrakech
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   403 rue de la kasbah | Kasbah - Medina, Marrakech 40 000, Morocco   |
Ranked #32 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
Saint Petersburg, Saint Petersburg City, Russia
“Wonderful road-palace....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was very happy to spend few days in this magic beautiful hotel...: Very nice environment, pleasant atmosphere, very attentively staff. For sure, I'll recommend this hotel to my friends.
So grateful for my wonderful vacations!

Victoria Edward.

Room Tip: all rooms are excellent
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

After a 15min drive from the airport we arrived in the very lively old town of Marrakesh. But then a small and narrow path brings you in less than 1 min to this exceptional beautiful Riad hotel which is an oasis of tranquility. We travelled with our 20months old son and he was straight away the little prince and Habibi of all the very friendly staff. Reception and room service was very good. The restaurant served delicious meals and the spa offers many relaxing massages and a great real Marrocon Hammam. The idea of having one hotel consisting of 5 Riads was an awesome experience and we were fascinated by the warm atmosphere and attention to detail throughout the hotel. We can only recommend this beautiful hotel!!

• Stayed December 2014
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Let me clarify first, i did not stay in the hotel , just went for dinner. Amazing dinner and amazing setting! don't miss the chocolate ravioli dessert, the setting is unreal, quiet and atmospheric with oud player in the background , so soothing and such amazing architecture. Do not begrudge a penny spent on this meal (or staying at the hotel) because the chances of you eating in a place like this back home are remote. After the meal I asked to tour the hotel (didnt see the rooms) so waiters took us to tour around, and yes, i will be staying here next time im in marrakech because it has the finest architecture I've seen in the city. Location is paramount, bang in the middle of the kasbah. Service was also very very good and attentive. You just have to do this place when you are in Marrakech ...couldnt fault a thing

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Last night here and terribly sad to leave. This hotel epitomises what a 5 star hotel experience should be. I could list many examples... The hotel's staff, all the staff, are a delight, friendly, courteous and informative. Always being greeted as Mr Kaye, ie never forgetting who I am, by all the many staff, is a touch of class I love. The thing that will stick in my mind (and the stay is not even over yet) is that one morning at breakfast I put my book on the floor. Immediately, out of nowhere, a baby chair was presented and the book placed on it. That is not just attention to detail, but attention to me, and one cannot put a price on that. My only complaint is that they do not have a branch in London. This hotel is an oasis and sanctuary from the world outside. Life is too short not to experience this hotel at least once.

• Stayed December 2014
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

we loved our holiday at la sultana, staff was absolutely amazing and my kids enjoyed every minutes.
The Spa is over the top and the food is excellent.
We have asked for a guide and the provide us a very expert guide who was very able to involve our children in the tour with different stories.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have just got back from a long weekend in marrakech at La Sultana and enjoyed the most magical and romantic stay despite the rain. My boyfriend and I travel quite a lot and we have both said that this hotel stands out for us and we can't wait to go back. The hotel and rooms are stunning, the staff fabulous, the spa treatments a god send and the tasting menu was delicious. We spent hours wondering around trying to take it all in. Highly recommend to everyone!

Note to hotel: now the weather is much cooler it would of been nicer for the water in the spa to be hotter. But that is my only tiny little criticism - the hotels absolutely wonderful.

Miss Sophie Hurford

Room Tip: We stayed in a junior suite and enjoyed the extra space and large bathroom.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I wrote a review in August when I spent time at La Sultana with my family and had a wonderful experience. I visited again in October and the impression remained the same. This time we stayed in a less expensive room but the experience and service was truly outstanding. I would advise guess who book suits try to get one with a terrace or courtyard as this truly opens up the space and improves the experience. I did notice this time that some of the regular rooms were not in ideal locations for example next to the swimming pool and quite public but the suits offer total privacy. Given that it is now winter the upper terrace is seldom open for meals so the dining experience is more limited being by the swimming pool. The views of Marrakech are obviously not part of the dining experience in winter but the pool area is a nice place to dine. Overnight there are plastic covers placed over the Riad open roof areas to protect against rain and this takes away part of the experience but this is just for limited winter months and the covers are removed during the day.
It is worth taking the hotel offered transfer from the Airport to the hotel as Marrakech can be somewhat chaotic. The transfer to the hotel is however quite short.
Overall the hotel is in a league of its own for service and care and we will most definitely return for a third time. Pricy it is but value for money and does give the visitor a safe and luxurious way of experiencing Riad living unique to this part of the world.

Room Tip: any suit with a balcony or terrace
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to La Sultana Marrakech? Share your experiences!