You would never think, as you wander down the chaotic, dusty, donkey cart infested street with a perfume which alternates between the smoke of street vendors' charcoal barbecues and the sweet aromatic symphony of the many herbalist shops that you were 20 meters from a luxury oasis.
The hotel is delightful mix of authentic Moroccan architecture styles, finishes and fabrics understated and achieved with a certain grace. Use of natural lighting sets off the typical brickwork and the amazing intricacy of the carved paster and wood fretwork in every angle.
We stayed in the Jaguar suite which was very stylishly finished with a sunken bath, marble throughout, two terraces and two sitting rooms and walk in wardrobe. Despite its size however, it remained quite intimate and cozy with a lovely outlook over the courtyard pool.
The staff are friendly, attentive and professional and everything was made seamless and easy. The restaurant on the roof terrace at lunchtime is competent and has a limited but tasty menu. In the evening the restaurant moves to being around the pool and is both romantic and pretty good if not a little expensive (compared to similar standard non hotel restaurants, so nothing new there). Try the Moroccan tasting menu as it will give you good first impression of Morrocan food.
Finally when you have had enough of the souks grab a sun-bed on the rooftop, enjoy the complimentary virgin Mojito's and chill in the North African sun (don't forget the sun cream!).
- Also Known As:
- La Sultana Marrakech Hotel
- La Sultana Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- Hotel La Sultana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near the Royal Palaces, La Sultana is over a combination of 5 riads.Featured in Elle Decoration for its gorgeous interiors, this member of SLH is a stylish retreat set in flower-filled courtyards. Elegant and sophisticated, each of the individually decorated rooms and suites captures the essence of old Marrakech with vaulted ceilings, antiques and objects d’art. Guests can also enjoy the spa, an outdoor heated pool and a fantastic roof-top terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Tablet Hotels, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your La Sultana Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.