“An amazing magic place, authetic, original and full of positive vibes” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riyad El Cadi

You added Riyad El Cadi to your Saves list
Riyad El Cadi
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   87 Derb Moulay Abdelkader | Dabachi, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Special Price
25% off room rate
Ranked #81 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
Berlin, Germany
“An amazing magic place, authetic, original and full of positive vibes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I spent a week in Riyad El Cadi. The hotel is beautiful with an original and exotic style in the middle of old town. I loved it. I traveled alone as a woman and there I could get to know a lot of nice people. The hotel service, view, design and style was just magnificent and fantastic. An excellent hotel for an amazing vacation.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice but if you an amazing huge balcony choose room berber. Otherwise all rooms ha...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed with a large group (choir) and we took over the Riyad - no other visitors. Fantastically helpful staff - I walk with two sticks, and they were constantly thoughtful about my manoeuvring up and down the staircases to reach the rooftop breakfast, offered me meals at ground level, and so on. I was the only one to try the plunge pool: very chilly in March, when we stayed, but I imagine it would be popular in summer heat. Internet access in main courtyard only. I agree with other reviews - quiet, oasis, flowering trees in courtyards, tucked away but close to souks, comfort, relaxation etc - so haven't more to say, apart from thoroughly recommending it.

Room Tip: As far as I know all were good. I had a ground floor room, next to the main courtyard, but even that...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

..in the middle of Marrakech, having driven our hire car from Agadir, this was SUCH a peaceful, calm, cooling and beautiful place. It's more than tucked away, it's unfindable with 2 small children, luggage and parking etc, so thanks to my wife's advice, we paid a cab driver to drive there and followed him to as close as we could get. A local lad showed us how to find Riad El Cadi, which we did find after trying two other places. The locals are wonderful people, you just need to say thanks with a few Dirham). There are two El Cadi's with the same name (if youre as inexperienced at finding Moroccon Riads as I am), behind two different unmarked doors- but if you get here, Said is just the most helpful man in the world. He brought our bags from the car, showed me a cheap and trustworthy parking area (£5 per night with security) and brought juice and cold beer on a stunning rooftop terrace. An unbelievable place we loved it. Thank You!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed in the Riyad el Cadi, which was recommended to us through friends, in March 2014 for two nights and chose the Berber suite for our stay. The Riyad el Cadi is located very conveniently close to the central market square in Marrakesh in a quiet side alley. There are no signboards at all pointing you in the right direction and before you enter the Riyad, you think you enter a regular Moroccan house. Once inside though, you find yourself in an oasis of tranquility. The riad is spacious with several courtyards around which the rooms are located. In those courtyards we found blossoming orange trees or the pool. A very spacious and spread-out roof terrace provides some views over Marrakesh and a nice place to have breakfast. The suite had its own balcony and provided the most luxurious accomodation of our stay in Marrakesh. The staff in the riad were genuinely helpful. In particular in Marrakesh we enjoyed having a refuge where we could find tranquility and peace amidst a city that is exciting, bustling, and at times quite demanding. We can highly recommend the Riyad el Cadi and truly enjoyed our time there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed at Riyad El Cadi for 5 wonderful nights and to say it exceeded all expectations would be an understatement. Let me first start with the property itself. It is tucked away on a side street within the souks, so you the serenity of the Riyad while also being within walking distance of Jemma el FNA, the main square.

I arranged airport pickup through the property, which I would highly recommend as they were waiting upon my arrival and brought me right to the Riyad. Upon check-in, I was upgraded to the Piscina room, appropriately named for it's view of the courtyard that made the mosaic pool center-stage. The room itself was very comfortable- charmingly finished with Moroccan artwork, antiques, and tapestries.

The other two courtyards were equally stunning- one with a rose- petal fountain, the other lined with lemon trees. At night, this last space held it's warmth, lit with dozens of candles that mirrored the open sky. The intimate dining space also opened up to this courtyard and on my first night, I had arranged to have dinner here. The 5-course Moroccan meal was delicious, only to be rivaled by the complimentary breakfast served each morning on the terrace. Perhaps the fresh squeezed juice and homemade breads were so good because I enjoyed them over views of the entire city.

I ended up spending most of my evenings on the terrace after excursions into the city and beyond. The attentive staff not only helped me organize guides throughout Marrakech and the Atlas Mountains but would ask my about my adventures upon my return. Julia, the owner of the Riyad, set the precedent and was so lovely that I vowed to take equal care of her should she ever come to New York.

I know if you stay here you will just love everything about it- know I can't wait to go back to Marrakech and stay at Riyad El Cadi once again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Our family stayed for five days over New Year and we highly recommend this friendly and relaxing riyad. Beautiful breakfasts on the roof terrace, excellent service and a wonderful New Years Eve dinner. We particularly recommend the cookery course. This is a great place to stay and is a tranquil oasis amidst the wonders of Marrakech.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Muenster, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Dive into the souks, hustled by the vendors, amazed by snakes and monkeys, negotiate with the berber, smell the odors... your body and mind go through a wide range of feelings here in Marrakech. Your in the orient. Then you open the door of this beautiful riyad and you step into a different world. Calm and stylish rooms, sunny roof terrace, friendly service and yes, luxury too. If you're willing (and financially able) to mix the authentic market experience with high class overnight stay, this is the place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Riyad El Cadi? Share your experiences!