“ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 90 attractions in Marrakech
Attraction Details
Fareham
3 attraction reviews
“ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I went here 10th October for1 week with my mum. It was a birthday celebration for us both. Having never been to Morocco & the flight only being 3hrs thought it was somewhere different to go for some winter sun.
We arrived late at night about 11pm, check in was quick, rooms are like they look in the pictures. We had a nice room over looking the pool, rooms are of a nice size but very basic. It's a shame they don't do a kettle in the room as it's abit of a PITA to have to walk to get a cup of tea especially at night if you wanted one whilst led in bed, by the time you got it & got back to the room it was stone cold. The restaurants are nice we ate in all but 1 of them. Food was ok, gets abit boring after about 5 days & I came home losing 8lbs RESULT!!!!!!! Wasn't a fan of the wine they served up but once lemonade had been out in to make it a spritzer was much better.

The staff were all great, smiling, working hard, the animation team were good trying to get people involved with the activities going on. The grounds of the hotel were immaculate, there was security guards in the evenings walking around near the rooms which was nice.

The entertainment wasn't that great that was the biggest let down, maybe it's because it wasn't my thing nor my mums, the room where the entertainment happens could be ed out different, it's very formal I felt like I was back at school.

The pool was freezing, I can't believe how cold it was same as the indoor one. It never seemed busy in the indoor one. The temperature was lovely about 28'c when we got there & got up to 35'c

I normally like to go away for 10-14 nights, I did 7 here as I had been to Mexico for 2 weeks 4 weeks prior to coming here, but 7 nights was enough & k never feel like that with a holiday. My mum a,so said this & she is another one that always says 7 days is never enough.

I would recommend this hotel, I wouldn't go back there though I think it's more because of the evening entertainment & lack of atmosphere, we are however going back as a family June next year. I left my husband & 2 boys (2.5 & 9) at home but have booked to go back next year to different hotel, With lots going on daytime & evening for all of us. If my boys had come here they would have got bored. The do have a kids club & little pool, play area for them however.
Sun bed reserving was happening still in October but there was plenty of beds so no biggie & I'm used to doing this every time we go on holiday.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“LOVED IT!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I enjoyed every minute of staying over the hotel and visiting the water park. I stayed over for a total of 7 days. The staff are really friendly and ready to help especially Noura on the guest relations desk, she has been brilliant all the way through my holiday. The food has been amazing so much varity to eat and drink. I would like to thank all staff and I will hopefully be back again next year :D

Visited November 2013
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Just returned from 1 week at the Aqua Fun Club via thomsons.We got the holiday as a last minute booking at a very good price.The fight was good only 3.5 hrs a bit of turbulence.Passed through the airpot at Marrakech quickly and then on to the hotel, transfer time about 25 mins.
Check in was a little slow as a large group was trying to get 5 rooms next to each other.Once it was our turn at the desk we were quickly on our way to our room.The hotel was very quiet at that time about 12:30 hr so it was off to bed.
The room was on the ground floor very clean with all the towels, safe flat screen,tv and mini fridge(1 bottle of water).The bed were comfortable but with only 1 pillow per person.
The pool area was in good order with staff cleaning every morning and through out the day when needed.There was never a problem getting a sun bed and they where proper wooden sun bed not the cheap plastic type.There was also a good number of four poster sun beds.
The weather was good apart from one day that had some rain showers, still nice and hot even though you could see snow on the mountains.
The food was fine freshly cooked and plenty of it, i did like the crepes for breakfast.
Tipping was never an issue, but when you did tip you was greeted with a was a warm smile and a thank you.
The staff were great very friendly but not over intrusive and there when you needed them.Execpt the towel hut which could be hit or miss.We learned a couple of words of Moroccan off the staff just please thank you ect when you used these you got a big warm smile back.
The all inclusive drinks were ok the only gripe was they did not have any brandy.The beers were in can form and was good.
We did go on the free bus to Marrakech but Marrakech is a bit like marmite(you love it or hate it).It was not for us snake charmer, smelling rotting fruit, pestering guides and lots of cheap tack for sale.We did eat on a roof terrace and had a good meal for a good price but decided to leave early .Got stung in the taxi gave us a price set off then did not know where we was going then got us to change into a bigger taxi all the time the price went up.If you do go take the hotels address with you not just the name, should save confusion and extra expense.
On a whole we had a good time and great weather can’t complain.
Would i go back YES.

Arreton, null, United Kingdom
“very pleased but more of a lazy holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Me and my boyfriend spent 7 nights here as a spontaneous last minute holiday, we were very new to morocco and the culture so we're nervous about venturing out, our only regret is not booking more trips out. The trip we did was the cascades and its was fantastic, our guild was very helpful and told us a lot about the atlas mountains and the waterfall there. If you do book this trip I'd advise to take more than two bottles of water and wear suitable shoes as there is a lot of walking. There were under 400 steps down to the waterfall, during the way down there are quite a few stalls selling various things, the children did come over a few times trying to sell you things but a polite no thank and they walked away. We didn't go into the market as we're a bit reserved but we were talking to another English couple and they said they had more problems in Egypt with people hassling and begging. The hotel was very clean and well looked after. Couldn't complain about the rooms as we're clean and freshened up each day. The food got boring towards the end of the week but as inclusive you find that in most places. We did have upset tummies but it didn't effect our whole holiday. The only bad thing that we found annoying was the WiFi connections they were very frustrating at times. The hotel is quite far away from other hotels so I would say this is more for the lazy type if you just like to sit by the pool. The water park itself was a little disappointing as not all the slides were working but we thought this was due to the end of season, I can see it being a very fun day during the summer. Also it wasn't far from our room so easy access. The staff were very friendly and helpful never showed negative attitude towards anything and worked hard. When visiting morocco it makes you realise how lucky we are. The last couple of days they were having problems with the swimming pool as it wasn't filtering so it became cloudy and smelly but the staff were cleaning it constantly to fix the problem.
I would recommend.this resort to my friends and family. In my opinion I think if you've never been to a country like this then two weeks is enough to get a feel for the place and then venture out when more confident.

Solihull, England, United Kingdom
“Cheap price dreadful week”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Home last night after 7 nights at Aqua Fun Park. We had 3 nights sleep in the week due to noise from guests after midnight slamming doors, marital disputes, drunks shouting. The final straw was when a group of four Asian/British lads and 2 British girls arrived. Their first night at 1am one lad shouting disgusting language from the balcony above ours, then wailing and crying at 2am followed by said boy kicking one of his friends bedroom door off the hinges! We along with various other guests called reception to sort it out but G4S security guard said he was unable to converse with group as they were drunk! Next morning Hotel Manager apologised and had informed Police re incident. The food was not brilliant each day very much the same along with the same flies feeding off the open food. We and other guest had stomach upsets. The grounds/pools/rooms and hotel are lovely and very clean. The staff are lovely and very accommodating. This is not a 4 star Hotel but more of a 3 star. We along with other guests said we would never stay at this Hotel again. Pay cheap get cheap. If I had paid the full price I would have been more annoyed than I am now, it is not worth it. I am aware of what living in these countries is like as I've lived in many countries including Saudia Arabia, so was under no illusion of what I may find. But to have a hotel allow people to behave so badly to cause damage and frighten children who were woken crying during the episode is unforgivable. The group should have been thrown out.