“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dar El Assafir

Save Saved
You added Dar El Assafir to your Saves list
Dar El Assafir
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   24 bis, Arset el Hamed | Bab Doukkala, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #255 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
The Netherlands
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Dar El Assafir in the last week of February 2012, we loved it! This was our 2nd riad experience and this one totally outshined the previous...
I e-mailed a week before arriving, asking for a room with a quiet location. Well, that's exactly what we got! A room doesn't begin to describe the 3-bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment we got, the place was huge!
The whole layout of this riad is appealing: 2 courtyards (of which one had a plunge pool) end a nice roof terrace for enjoying a sunny February breakfast. The breakfast consisted of freshly baked msammen and another small roll, pieces of a baguette, jams, yoghurt and freshly squeezed OJ.
The staff were very friendly and in no way out to sell you excursions and whatnot.
No minusses at all? Hmm, the location is very good (a bit close to the Bab Doukkala mosque), on the edge of the medina. Our previous riad was smack in the middle of a local market street, which added to the atmosphere. But then that one didn't have parking right outside the door. Which means El Assafir is perfect if you have a rental car.
Cleaning maybe could be done more thoroughly, but it was done well enough for North African standards. The bed was a bit hard as well.
All in all we recommend this place heartily.

Room Tip: If you are with a family of max. 6 people, book the apartment.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

If one likes tranquility, no phone,radio,TV, fridge, total quietness, away from the manic crowds, then this Riad is ideal. A 5-10 minute taxi ride to all places worth seeing or a 15 minute stroll to Place Jemaa El Fna square.
Breakfast was very basic but adequate, coffee excellent. Their attempt at a scrambled egg was poor.
I had a double bed room upstairs which was lovely and large and comfortable. Small problems I encountered, which could be over come if someone carried out maintenance, sewage smell in the mornings, bath and wash basin water extremely slow to drain, curtain pull back supports coming out of the walls, keys to bedroom door and the main Riad front door difficult to operate.
The staff were friendly and helpful and my basic Arabic and French was enough to get by.
Overall the Riad could do with a good spruce up, it just looked tatty and run down.
Would I stay there again ? probably not.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

From the moment we arrived when our cases where whisked to our room, to the moment we left and thougtfully given the airport embarkation cards we were looked after very well at Dar el Assafir riad. Staffed by very helpful people and the layout, design and atmosphere make it a perfect counterbalance to the happy hustle and bustle on the streets and souks that is Marrakech

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

I took my 16 managers for a weekend in Marrakesh, satying at Riad Dar El Assafir was the best decision I made as I stayed in several Riads but this one by miles the best in terms of its space, rooms, decoration, plunge pool, the libraries, the bird cage and the service.

Jibril & his brother Amin looked after us all weekend inside & outside the riad.
I can't thank Amin enough for his support when one of our colleagues broke his arm and had to be taken to hospital , Amin was there from the start to finish.

I would recommend this Riad to all my friends, Family and colleagues.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

Dar El Assafir was lovely. It was my first experience of a Riad and I loved it. The staff were really nice, the food was good and the sun was shining. The market is just down the road, and the location is close to the airport. I would like to visit this Riad again.
Thanks
Richard

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

I cannot recommend this place enough! The food is amazing and the staff are there for your every need. In our group, we even had a guy break his arm at 3am and they took the time to take him to the hospital! The hotel is beautiful and the staff just made it that much better. My first trip to Morocco will be remembered for this hotel and I cannot thank them enough for their hospitality.

Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

This place is truly stunning, the staff were very friendly and the food is incredible.

Hope to stay their again soon.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Dar El Assafir? Share your experiences!