“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking
Sandhurst, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I organised this for my husbands 40 th birthday. Although communication by email from the uk before our trip was excellent the customer care on the day was not. Our driver picked us up from a meeting point close to our riad but did not speak to us during our 45minute /1 hour journey to our meeting point. On arrival our money was taken and we were told to get into the buggy. I had chosen a buggy for my husband as was ensured this was the faster option. Well, there was no point as we ended up at the back of a convoy of quads with a nervous, slow rider at the front therefore it was like a Sunday afternoon drive. On attempting to overtake we were told the buggy had to remain at the back of the convoy!? Pointless hiring a buggy- a suggestion would be one convoy for quads and another for the buggy. This way everyone of all experiences can enjoy their experience! Would not recommend as it seemed an expensive follow the leader experience described by my husband at one point as "boring!" :-(

Visited April 2014

London, United Kingdom
“A must on the to do list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Although our guide was French speaking only and we were barely high school standard at French it added an extra adventurous twist to an exciting quest. We chose the journey through the foothills of the Atlas mountains as opposed to the La Palmeraie and the landscape and views were stunning. Our guide was very knowledgable and dependable and we had no qualms placing our cautious lives in his hands. The collection and drop off from and to our Riad was helpful, as is required with most excursions in Marrakech. In all I recommend this adventure whole-heartedly.

Jersey
4 attraction reviews
“Small is beautiful....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

The small is not referring to the quads, they were 300cc 4 strokers, nor is it referring to the area available to "Quad" over...that is vast, but it refers to the number in my group, on the day we went "Quadding" there were just the three of us and the guide, a young Dutch couple, and an ageing englishman, I am a biker as I think was the Dutchman and so parts of the trip were a little follow the leader, and frankly a little boring, and as it was me who was tail end charlie a little dusty to boot!! I would really hate to be at the back of a long group as visibility must be almost zero which I'm sure could be a little hazardous at times.

The coach picked me up from my hotel at the time that they said it would...so far so good..we then went on to pick up the other couple...which took a while to find...and a few directions asked..hey ho now we were on our way..if anyone tells you that the coach trip to the Takerkouste dam is half an hour don't believe them I was on the coach for an hour and 45 mins. When we arrived I was a little disappointed to find that the two young guys running Accroquad spoke no english whatsoever, now my french is shopping and bar type french rather than conversational, as was the Dutch couples, but we managed to get all the necessary information thanks to gestures and a bit of pointing. Helmets gloves and goggles are provided and the quads were all in a reasonable condition (there were none that i found myself thinking "Oh God I hope I don't get that one) a short run up the road to a large gravel carpark and a few manoeuvres to get used to how the quads feel and we were off.

As I said previously it was a little follow my leader at times but there was a variety of surfaces and views the tarmac roads around the dam, spectacular stony desert with hills and waddies to drive through and over (some of this I would liked to have been faster and more adventurous) but as an unknown rider they obviously have to consider safety as paramount, we passed shepherds with their flocks eeking an existence on the sparse scrub that grows through the stony soil, each one of them waved to us as their sheep ran along with them, we stopped at the top of a hill and took some photos then off again back via a different route running through small villages along narrow streets and through tiny squares till we stopped for mint tea and some biscuits at a small house, very peaceful little courtyard with a plunge pool as well (none of us plunged you'll be glad to hear) there is a very nice loo here as well for those of you who worry about such things.

The final leg of the journey was on the road again running along side Takerkouste lake down to the dam and then back to Accroquad. We were out for a little over two and a half hours so all in all a really fun way to spend a morning, and I would call it good value for money aswell, the countryside is stunning to ride over and the equipment is in good condition (well it was when I used it)

Thank you Said for organising this and if you feel the urge "to Quad" give Said a mail on accroquadmarrakech@gmail.com

Visited March 2014
“Quad experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Had a great day out on the quads which were great value for money. We were picked up at our riad and taken back afterwards. A smattering of French probably helps but we managed without very much!

Visited April 2014
Hertfordshire
4 attraction reviews
“Scenery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Many hours of fun, hosts stopped to allow photos, he even took a video for us. It was great to stop in a Berber village for mint tea.

Visited March 2014