“Enchanting oasis in the middle of Marrakesh!” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Naya
Derb Snane 131 | Lamouassine, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #426 of 1,040 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Berlin, Germany
“Enchanting oasis in the middle of Marrakesh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

At the beginning of our first travel in Morocco we felt quite lost, finding the traditional Riad Naya in Marrakesh was the perfect turning point of our holiday! We loved that place right from the beginning! An enchanting oasis hidden between the walls of the old Medina of Marrakesh. From here we could discover Marrakesh this fascinating city full of live and with its world famous souks and square Djeme el Fna. And when we had enough of the hustle and bustle we took the way back through some narrow streets of the old medina and we were back at our secret place.
The manager Hassan Bouchadour lead us in the evening to the best restaurants/bars and we made some amazing day trips inside and outside the city.
Really he taught us how to love the wonderful country! Like this we returned many times and saw some steps during the renovation. Unbelievable what a long haul it must be to renovate a traditional Riad like this jewel. And stunning what it is now, an accomplished paradise with amazing elements of moroccan artcraft.
On top of this we always felt like being part of the family, not comparable with the anonym hotels off-the-shelf where you never will be surprised in that inspiring way.
Riad Naya, our favorite Hotel in world! Totally recommendable!

Check also out: http://riadnaya.com/index.php/en/

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I spent 3 days in Riad Naya and this is the place I can totally recommend. Location is perfect. Riad is situated just few steps away from the Market. It takes 5 mins to get to the main square (Jemaa el Fna), where you can see the mixture of colors, smells and sounds. The Riad itself is clean and comfy. Each room is different so you can easily choose place for yourself. Everything is well decorated, colorful and made with style. There is also a common area for everyone who wants to join to eat, listen to the music, watch TV or even take a nap (room is full of sofas and pillows) There is nice terrace on the top of the Riad, where you can enjoy your time. It was very pleasant to sit there in the evening and listen to the sounds coming from the outside. And what's the most important, I felt very welcome over there. I was a single traveller so it was great to meet someone who made you feel like you are at home. I'm glad I spent my time there, it was perfect end of my tour around Morocco. If I have chance to go to this country once again I will do my best to stay in this Riad again.

Room Tip: Any room you take you will be satisfied
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
guciap
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This riad situated in the heart of the Medina (old town) of Marrakesh is a totally must-be place! You can feel the amazing atmosphere of the city being inside of the hotel or just going out to the souks that are close at hand, just over the corner,
The riad is decorated and kept in a very traditional way with amazing elements of moroccan artcraft. In the patio you can enjoy your cup of mint tea and feel a total relax and feel like the time stops for a while. The rooms are very clean and beautiful with traditional elements-you can choose one with the private bathroom or with the shared one. The riad offers common room with TV if u need it. And what I totally recommend is to spend an evening on the rooftop enjoying the view of the medina and big stars on the sky laying on the comfortable sofas.
"One thousand and one nights stories" (Arabian stories) as for me european is the charm of the city, its exotic and breathtaking, full of smells, colors and people.
I can guarantee that you will never forget your adventure in the Riad Naya and the city of Marrakesh and for sure you will be back. Totally recommendable!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Naya? Share your experiences!