“A great Find” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“A great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

After being disappointed that the first restaurant we had planned to go to was closed, we stumbled across this little gem. The food was first class the open air roof set the tone for a lovely anniversary meal with my girlfriend of 12 months. The customer service was second to none and they happy obliged in taking photographs so we could remember this fabulous evening. Amazeballs.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Incredible food and epic service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Possibly the best meal I have had in a long time. The waiters are so nice, and they serve delicious Bloody Marys. Amazing place - we wish we found it earlier in our trip.

Melbourne, Australia
“Al perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

what a great place, food is perfect, great location, great service. Excellent Tapas, highly recommended for a great meal, cannot be faulted

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Paris, France
“Nice food in an isolated location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Great tapas and nice wine. Unfortunately the restaurant is situated on a small street with no bars or clubs within walking distance. You basically take a cab there and a cab back.

Bangkok, Thailand
“The jury's out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

On the strength of the Tripfinders reviews, I went to Chez Joel for dinner with high expectations. In the event I found the whole experience to be rather strange. Having said that, I feel that it is indeed a good restaurant and plan to give it another try.

On the plus side, the decor and ambiance are nice ( if you are placed in the right part of the small room), the 2 waiters couldn't have been nicer or more attentive, and overall the food was good.

On the downside, our reserved table was not in the nicely lit area near to the door but at the other more brightly lit end of the room next to a large television screen showing pop videos. When I asked for the menu I was given the tapas/ pizza/ pasta menu. Knowing that there must be more I asked again and was given another menu with fish , meat etc. Having seen the board outside I had to ask for the suggestions of the day which came on yet another menu.

I chose the foie gras which was the starter of the day to be told that this was not available so I chose the soupe de jour which turned out to be a rather bland cream of vegetable soup. In fairness, my guest had the salade de fruit de mer and declared it to be excellent. I would add that my first course arrived about 15 minutes before my guest's!! For main course I chose the carre d'agneau which was ok and suited me fine, but was not particularly special. My Molleux de chocolat desert however was to die for and the best I've had in a long time.

By 1010pm all the other diners had left and tables were being prepared for the next session. We found ourselves on the street at 1020!

I can well imagine that this restaurant could well deserve the high accolades reported by so many Trip advisor reviewers, but not on this occasion.

• Visited May 2014