“Solo Sahara” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #319 of 476 Activities in Marrakech
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Solo Sahara”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

My quiet restful holiday! Turned into a Magical Trip, a holiday and experience of a lifetime.

A chance encounter, altered my life. I met, in a small fish restaurant on the Essouria Harbour, two young Berber men. Hamid & Azziz. They had just returned from a Desert trip with, 2 very happy people. The Real Morocco was what I had gone to see, this was my chance. I grapped it! My best choice ever.
They asked me what I wanted to see?
Mountains! Deserts! Wild Places. That is what they gave me. The Real Morroco!

The Desert and its vastness, sparkled in its purity. So clear and clean is the air you can see vast distances. These Berber guys are a wonder, they need no map on trackless land, they read the sky at night like a map!
The majesty of the silent desert, is a huge learning curve.You feel small, and insignificant and nothing matters.
This wonderful land is full of surprises, spectacular gorges, lush oasis that stretch for miles, forests and they grow apples!
Washing your hair in desert water is a real treat.!

There were many Highlights! A camel trip up a vast sand dune was extraordinary! with my
Bedouin Guide, we watched the many colours change as the sun slipped away.
I travelled under the desert in Bedouin tunnels, how priviledged!
I entered a abandoned Palace of Winds, in the High Atlas, last lived in 1956 by a Sultan with 4 wives! 15 concubines plus 43 children!
I met the most handsome of Tribes The proud Tuaregs, from the south.
All these wonders were only possible because of a chance encounter with Hammid & Azziz!

Intrepid, Funny, full of fun, and much Joy! My admiration for them is beyond words.

They showed me a way of life, so sadly missing in our modern world. I am humbled and changed,
I cannot wait to go again!

These desert peoples think differently, they inhabit the empty spaces of our earth.Their lives are are not cluttered as our lives are. In the nomadic life, the mind is free.

They played Berber music and sang all the way across the vastness of the Sahara.
Discover for yourself ,with the help of Hammid & Azziz the real Moroccoc!

Hammid 00212607796971

Azziz 00212671724623

Visited September 2014

Ghent, Belgium
28 attraction reviews
“Any Excursion from most big cities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Larbi Benis was our driver on 3 Day trips: to OURIKA VALLEY, IMLIL, ESSAOUIRA.
Always on time, very knowledgeable, comfortable cars, well organised trips ( In Imlil he got a mule to take me up to the Toubkal Kasbah) ... we enjoyed our outings very much and would happily contact them again at a next stay.

Visited June 2014