“Fantastic experience of the Atlas Mountains” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #104 of 482 Activities in Marrakech
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Come and experience the splendor of Morocco for yourself. We will take you to the greatest & most beautiful areas in Morocco Type: Walking Tours, One Day Camel Trek or Excusrion, Desert Expeditions Activities: Walking, Hiking, Mountain biking, Mountaineering, Deset Expeditions, Other Activities
“Fantastic experience of the Atlas Mountains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Abdou, who I dealt with and who organised our tour guide was very prompt on email and answered all my queries about the trek almost immediately! We got picked up from Marrakech by a driver, well on time, and our guide Hamid was a great cook as well as great mountain guide. I wound recommend using Abdou as you will have an amazing and unforgettable experience.

• Polish first
Sao Paulo, SP
“Nice trip to get out of the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were a bit fed up of all the medina and wanted to go somewhere clean and different so we found abdul on tripadvisors and a few emails latter we were booked. He took us to his local town up in the mountains and we had a nice walk to see how the people live over there. We had a very nice meal cooked by his wife, it was the best tajine we had on our trip. It was a nice opportunity to see how real people live in Morocco and would use Abdul again. The only thing we wouldnt do again is the camel ride as we had to ride the camels in the middle of a busy road and they got terrified everytime a car went by (which was often!). We felt very bad for them. Apart from this it was nice and we would recommend that people spend longer walking through the mountains with Abdul.

London
8 attraction reviews
“Excellent trekking in the Atlas mountains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

A really good way to see the Atlas. Moroccan Mountains will customise a tour for any size group into the mountains. I went solo with a guide and muleteer/cook (and a mule) and it was an excellent trip.

They will pick you up in Marrakech and take you to your starting point and then you set off into the mountains. They organise everything - itinerary, food and accommodation – and whole thing is very good value.

I hadn't been to the Atlas before and I found the going tougher than I imagined, primarily because you are often climbing up quite rough terrain. That said, I managed the whole trip except for the final 1,000m of Toubkal, which was beyond my ability. (The Inca Trail, for example, is a much easier trek. Here there are not many obvious paths and you are sometimes scrambling up scree or over big boulders).

Sturdy trainers are fine except for the final bit of Toubkal, for which you will need boots. It is very hot in the day (t-shirt weather) and cold at night, so take layers. You can rent walking poles at the start of the hike.

Accommodation is basic but clean. The food was great and in large quantities.

I had a great time. Very recommended.

Munich, Bayern, Germany
“Fantastic 5-day hike around berber villages!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I checked several companies and Trekking Morocco Mountains offered a great program for a good price. They took care of everything, picking me up in Marrakech and also arranging the food and accommodation for the whole hike. I would definitely recommend it and can guarantee that you will be taken care of for the whole trip.

Nairobi
“I had the best day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

After our week long conference in Marrakech, we decided that we wanted to do something different and outdoorsy before we left Morocco and after a little research I stumbled upon trekking Morrroco mountains on trip advisor.
While emailing Abdou I was very skeptical as it was a last minute enquiry but he replied to my emails immediately and within a few minutes we had everything planned out.
Our driver was on time to pick us up from the four seasons resort and he was the most delightful hound man I had the pleasure of meeting all my stay. We drove down to Imlil laughing all the way and he was extremely knowledgeable of the surroundings all the way and the great history of the North Africa. It's a pity I forgot his name but thank him for us if you can Abdou.
In Imlil we were received by Abdou who took time to discuss our trip over mint tea and eventually we decided on a route that was both reasonable for both of us and we had a lovely climb. After a short while my aunt was exhausted and decided she wanted a mule which Abdou Organized within record time. It was an incredible trip and it was nice to go to Abdou's (the tour guide) Home and the snacks he provided, and his son was a great joy to be around. Thank you so much for the hospitality.
We later went to the other Abdou's home where we had the most delicious lunch under the apple trees and played with his son and rested totally before we begun our journey back to Marrakech.
The two brothers' generosity is humbling and may God continue to bless you.
If you ever want to take a trip, these are the people to look for.
It was a trip filled with love and great memories.
I was completely enchanted.
Thank you!