“We went only for the SPA, Canca and her team were wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Update attraction details
Ranked #22 of 57 shopping in Marrakech
Bowie, Maryland
96 attraction reviews
“We went only for the SPA, Canca and her team were wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had read countless reviews on Hamman’s and ALL of them had something I didn’t like about them. I was after all arranging for four, a once-in-a-lifetime Hamman and I wanted it to be special. I’m not sure how I came upon Angsana Riads Collection Morocco Spa but it was something someone mentioned on TA I’m sure. I contacted them via email and Canca responded, I had concerns about nudity and privacy; she addressed them all with professionalism and put my mind to rest. I couldn’t find any reviews about the Spa so I just went with my gut and I am glad I did. I figured it couldn’t be any worse than the best that had been suggested. I was so happy; we all had a very wonderful experience.

Our driver Jalil (see review under "Morocco Unplugged-DayTours") wasn’t familiar with the Spa so he called ahead to let them know that we were on our way and asked directions. Canca met us at the beginning of the alleyway, so it was easy for us to make our way there, she greeted us and pointed out a museum that our male friend could visit while the females had their hamman, and vis-a-versa, where we could go do some shopping while we waited for our male friend. She then led us into the Spa, we were greeted and given some cold red hibiscus tea, some shower shoes and then everything was explained to us, we were then led to a room to change, there was also a bathroom that we took turns changing in. The room also had a safe for our valuables and we were instructed on how to operate it. We were each given some paper underwear and a sarong as a cover-up. We were then sat down and it was explained that we would start our hamman part of the treatment but needed to drink a full bottle of water, which we were given, so as not to get dehydrated since the room was very warm. After we finished our water, we were led to the hamman bath part, and all I can say is we were treated with the utmost respect and never were we made to feel uncomfortable or rushed. We were of the more modest type and we were never disrespected or made to feel that we were being overmodest. They did a good job with those sarongs.

I personally don’t like for people to touch me and was nervous about the whole process but I’m the adventurous type and thought when in Marrakech YOU HAVE to have a Hamman. I figured if I didn’t like it, I could leave. Well, I LOVED IT, I think Canca felt my tension and put me at ease right away, she spoke to me very quietly and reassured me the whole time. I just melted after that and can honestly say I very much enjoyed the whole experience. As for my friends, they were speechless and just wanted to go straight to bed.

After our massage which by the way, they bang a soft gong to let you know the treatment is now over, then you are wiped down and told to not shower for at least 30 min.to allow the oil to penetrate the skin. We were taken back to the room with the safe and allowed to re-dress at our leisure. We then headed back to the entry where we were given kiwi and another tea to drink. This is where we paid and purchased some oil for ourselves. I have to tell you, we just felt like saying take what you want out of our wallets, it was so well deserved.

Our male friend arrived to start his treatment and we went out to do some shopping. When we came back to get him, he had the look of total satisfaction and calm. He is a spa enthusiast and said that was the best spa experience of his life. Although we all had various degrees of experience with a spa, we all agreed, it was the best we had ever had. Don’t be worried about using this spa, it is a lot more expensive than many out there but wouldn’t you rather have the best experience than an ok, rushed, nothing explained cheaper experience? Don’t cheat yourself, email Canca at : Spa-Morocco@angsana.com
This is also their address and phone number: Angsana Riads Collection | Riad Dar Zaouia | N1 Riad Zitoun Jdid Derb NaKouss Derb Zaouia | 40000 Marrakech | Kingdom of Morocco | DID: +212 524 38 09 Website: www.angsana.com

Our treatment was 750 Dirham’s and took 3 hours…it was amazing.

Oh, they do have a Jacuzzi you can relax in but the water is freezing so we opted out of that segment.