“Stepping into the past...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Abla

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Riad Abla
13 Rue El Gza Bab Doukkala, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #914 of 1,031 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Golspie
“Stepping into the past...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Interesting building and features... it was like stepping into the past staying in this Riad... The owner's brother was friendly and made my stay better than it would have been otherwise... He took me in his motorbike to the cash machine and to the Train Station. That was very nice! I loved the birds' song and the echo it created in the mornings...

Room Tip: Big room on the basement was a comfortable room!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Never before have I stayed at a hotel that was not reviewed on TripAdvisor, and never again will I make that mistake. We stayed at Riad Abla for 3 nights after making a reservation through Booking.com. If you look at the hotel's information on Booking.com, it lists all sorts of services such as 24-hour reception, concierge, restaurant, bar, massages, tour desk, dry cleaning, and more. However, I cannot understand how they get away with claiming that they have all of these services, as they have none! The only thing they do have is a pickup service to and from the airport for 10 Euro (which I will admit was helpful), decent wifi, and breakfast (if you count a piece of bread as breakfast). They also claim to be a 10 minute walk from Jemaa el Fna, but it is more like 30 minutes, which is a pretty huge difference in 100 degree weather. What really got to me was that the pictures of the hotel on Booking.com are incredibly misleading. I've stayed in horrible hotels and hostels because of the cheap price before, but I like to know what I'm getting myself into. With Riad Abla, I was completely unprepared. The rooms are not clean, nor are the bathrooms, which don't even have a door. We got the air conditioner to work, but only after having to seek out a staff member and get the remote for it. The hotel is usually dark, even though you have to climb up numerous staircases to get to your room. There is a roof terrace, which was nice, but nothing could have made up for the horrible rooms. In Marrakech, you can stay somewhere nicer for about the same amount of money. If not, it is worth it to pay more for a place you can actually relax in after a day of walking through the scorching heat. We made the best of our situation and had a nice time in Marrakech, but if we come back, we will definitely avoid Riad Abla at all costs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Abla? Share your experiences!