“A Very Informative Intro to Marrakech” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marrakech Guide Private Tours

Marrakech Guide Private Tours
App 3 - Residence Belle Loge 2 - Lot Atawfik - Semlalia, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
+212 662-024704
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 465 Activities in Marrakech
Type: Other
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Marrakech guide is a knowledgeable tour guide offering guided tours of Marrakech & its medina. We arrange private tours to explore the historical sites into the culture, people and the gorgeous surroundings of this exotic city. Marrakech guide will help you discover the hidden treasures of this attractive metropolis with its winding streets that prepare many surprises for travelers.
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“A Very Informative Intro to Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Said was an amazing tour guide - he had a wonderful route planned in advance of our tour, which he tailored based on our group's interests. He was extremely flexible (he let us move the tour back an hour and add people to our group close to the time of our tour). And he was very patient and knowledgable for our questions (two of us were very tired from an early start that morning and he did not mind us being slow to understand). This was a great way to see Marrakech and learn a lot about the city - past & present and about many different aspects of the city. Please do this on one of your first days in the city!

Visited April 2014
Marrakech Tour G, Owner at Marrakech Guide Private Tours, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
I would like to thank you warmly Caitlin for submitting your review on my tripadvisor page and also for your great recommendations that I highly appreciate. It was a great pleasure meeting you and your friends for a day tour around Marrakesh and its sites. You are so welcome whenever you come to Morocco.

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic tour of Marrakech with Said!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband and I are from America but live in London and wanted to take a tour of the city when we arrived. I did quite a bit of research prior to contacting any tour guides. Said was very responsive with replies and was a fantastic guide. We have been on quite a lot of tours but this was my far one of the best (due to the historical knowledge and the pleasant tour guide Said).

Pros:
- Said used to be a teacher in his prior life and is a fantastic teacher. He is very knowledgeable about the history of the city as well as the culture.
- His English is perfect!!
- He kept us laughing/entertained the whole time
- We never lost interest during the tour
- He is responsive to emails (very prompt)
- He showed us places that we would not have known about by reading the tour books
- He did not take us into any stores at all or try and make us by anything, which is much appreciated
- He took us to a great lunch option (a local place - not touristy)

Cons
- There were no cons.

We look forward to returning to Morocco and having Said set up additional tours for us in the future.

Visited May 2014
Marrakech Tour G, Owner at Marrakech Guide Private Tours, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I would like to thank you warmly Katie for submitting your review on my tripadvisor page and also for your great recommendations that I highly appreciate. It was a great pleasure meeting you and your husband for a day tour around Marrakesh and its sites. You are so welcome whenever you come to Morocco.
Toronto
“The perfect tour guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We did a full day tour with Said, from a morning pickup at our riad until past 5 pm, and the tour was excellent from start to finish. Our group of 3 had just come off of an 8 day tour of Morocco with another tour group, so Said tailored the day based on the sights which we had already visited in our time in Marrakech. Said's english was excellent (having formerly worked as an English teacher at a university in Morocco) and he extremely well versed in the history of his country - we ended up learning more about Morocco in our one day with him than in the entirety of our tour, which added much more meaning and context to the sights which we visited. He even fit in a side trip to the supermarket during the tour at our request and helped us with arranging an affordable taxi ride to the airport at the end of the tour. Thanks Said for a great experience and for teaching us so much about your beautiful country!

Visited May 2014
Marrakech Tour G, Owner at Marrakech Guide Private Tours, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
I would like to thank you warmly Valerie for submitting your review on my tripadvisor page and also for your great recommendations that I highly appreciate. It was a great pleasure meeting your and organizing for you and your friends a day tour around Marrakesh and its sites. You are so welcome whenever you come to Morocco.
Jerusalem
10 attraction reviews
“Excellent tour! Fluent English with lots of knowledge about every spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We had a great full day with Said. Said picked us from our hotel at the Medina at 9 a.m. and he was there few minutes before.
Than we walked with him the whole day, and we learned lots of things about Morocco.
Said is very pleasant, and never tried to push us to buy anything.
We feel very lucky that we had him for a guide.

Visited April 2014
Marrakech Tour G, Owner at Marrakech Guide Private Tours, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
I would like to thank you warmly Yaffa for submitting your review on my tripadvisor page and also for your great recommendations that I highly appreciate. It was a great pleasure meeting you and to taking you for a day tour around Marrakesh and its sites. You are so welcome whenever you come to Morocco.
Greenfield, Missouri
“Knowledge, insight, and a helpful dose of generosity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Because of our tour with Said, we not only saw Marrakech, but we experienced it with all our senses. He shared history of the city and context for the sites we explored making our visit meaningful. We especially appreciate his compensating for my faux pas of under-tipping a baker who demonstrated his skill; Said discreetly increased the tip then refused to let me reimburse him. He obviously loves his city, respects its residents, and welcomes tourists.

Visited April 2014
Marrakech Tour G, Owner at Marrakech Guide Private Tours, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thanks so much Kim for submitting your review on my tripadvisor page and also for your great recommendations that I highly appreciate. It was a great pleasure meeting you and your friends Tina & Kerry. It was a pleasure too to take you for a half day tour around Marrakesh and its sites. You are warmly welcome whenever you come to Morocco.