“Great place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 1,080 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Landskrona, Sweden
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed at Riad Imilchil for 2 weeks in September 2013.
I have been to Marrakech 4 times and write my reviews at the same time.
This is truly a great Riad. The rooms are very cozy and clean. The staff are super friendly. Everything is good, except the location. For me who have problems with my feet, it is a bit far (20-30 minutes) to walk to The Souk and the Djemaa El Fna Square.
I can really recommend this Riad.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Riad Imichil was the last stop on my 8 day Moroccan adventure. We were greeted by the enthusiastic, life of the party Mohammed. He was more than hospitable, and it pains me to criticize our accommodations, because he went beyond the call of duty to make sure our stay in Marrakech was stellar. Out of the 9 people in our group, my room in which I shared with 2 other people was musty, and the bathroom was a little creepy. Mohammed did offer to switch our room the next day, but we opted to stay because we'd already gotten settled, and had a lot of luggage. By the way, no one else had this issue. The staff of Imilchil were awesome. Hassan, another employee was very accommodating as well, he drove us to the market, and we got to listen to his cool African rhythms. They arranged a surprise birthday party for my friend on the trip. Mohammed accompanied us to a nightclub, and made sure our experience was pleasurable. Out of all of the riads that we visited, Imichil was the only one that asked us what we wanted for dinner.
On another note, if you are trying to stay connected socially, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that the wifi signal was very weak. Overall, I would recommend Imichil, because the experience was authentic and delightful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Me and some friends stayed here during February, for a long weekend, we had the most amazing time. The rooms have a beautiful decoder and everything is super comfortable and clean.The staff is helpful and genuinely interested in providing you the perfect holiday in every detail, they gave us a lot of helpful tips on were to go and we enjoyed talking with them about Morocco and Moroccan culture. Breakfast is amazing freshly prepared for you whit fresh traditional bread and oils and jams etc... (best olives ever!!). We had 2 dinners and it was sooo much better than any other restaurant we have tried in Marrakech. I would absolutely suggest Riad Imilchil to anyone looking for having an amazing time in Marrakech!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Westfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

An absolutely wonderful place. I have not traveled a lot and I was hesitant to travel to Africa but we were meeting up with my son who is in the peace corps in Western Africa and he said we should meet in morocco. I booked a 7 day tour with Morocco Explored and Riad Imilchil was our home base in Marrakech. In addition to this riad being in a fabulous location, it is beautiful and peaceful. The hospitality blew me away. The owner Mohammed and all of the people that work here are so friendly and helpful and kind. There was tea and cookies and olives. We ate dinner there each night and they asked us what we would like and the meals were amazing. Mohammed helped us with everything such as booking an appointment at a hammam (which was incredible) and taking us there, to making sure we were picked up at the correct time for the airport. The price is so reasonable and staying there was a complete joy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Newbury Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

It is difficult to be original here because all the other reviews mirror our experience. The hospitality is indeed awesome. We were met at the taxi rank by Mohammed the owner who took us down narrow alleyways to the Riad. We were offered tea and pastries on arrival and then taken out to the main square to ensure we knew our way back.

The room was great but the thing that really makes it is the roof terrace where you can spend many a happy hour watching the sun go down and the storks on their nests. What is also nice is that the staff frequently come around to offer tea.

Breakfast was great and served on the terrace. I don't recall the gentleman's name who served breakfast every day but he is a major asset to the Riad. Really nice guy who had lots of interesting things to tell us about his village (Imilchil and the meteorite) and just made us feel very welcome.

We had a minor personal problem and the staff were absolutely fantastic in resolving this for us.

Deservedly the Riad was full most nights and there were other potential guests trying out other Riads to return here.

We had dinner here one night which was simple but very well done. I would recommend you contact Mohammed before going to arrange taxis and trips out - we had ours all pre booked but I know they would have arranged things really well.

To the staff: Well done and thank you - a perfect stay!

Room Tip: Rooms are very reasonably priced and all nice but if possible go for the best suite.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

As a young couple a priority for my partner and I was to stay in a place where we felt safe and relaxed. With this in mind we couldn't have wished for a better place to stay! A highlight of this calm oasis in the middle of the Medina chaos was the staff. Their friendliness, adaptation to every possible need and most importantly their willingness to make you feel at ease on your holiday are stand out features of this beautiful Riad. My top tip would be to ensure you take time out to enjoy the incredible sunsets on the open roof terrace with a refreshing cup of mint tea. I would also strongly encourage the trips the Riad offer as you get the opportunity to see the central city and its surroundings stress free, with the guarantee that you're receiving the best customer care and service possible. In the four nights we spent in Marrakech the only impossible task was to find a single thing to criticise this Riad for. We had the trip of our lives and can't wait to go back - I wouldn't ever consider looking for anywhere else to stay as it was made clear to us that we had a home waiting for us in Marrakech.

Room Tip: I would strongly advise paying a little extra to alight in the suites the Riad has to offer. These s...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
High Wycombe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I have stayed in the Riad Imilchil with groups and family on a number of times and can assure those seeking a traditional, small and quiet Riad located within the Medina you have discovered the right place. Operated by Mohamed and his team from the famed Happy Valley of the High Atlas, each and every guest will feel that welcoming Berber hospitality. It really is a delightful Riad with a range of rooms, a great roof terrace and even a small pool to cool off in during the summer heat and it is an easy walk to the square.
It really is a peaceful haven and we have enjoyed our stay each and every time.
Iain

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Imilchil? Share your experiences!