“Real Italian!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 699 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Italian, Moroccan, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In the medina of marrakech, in the chaos of tangled alleys, suddenly, over a carved wooden door, a world unexpected. The patio shaded by lemon trees, a music descends from the sunny terraces and the scent of the best italian cuisine. The Restaurant & Cafe I Limoni offer a relaxing corner in a vintage flavor with a touch of modern design. You can listen to selections of the best music of the past and present while enjoying the traditional tuscan dishes of fish and meat, or just a club sandwich of crispy fries. We are open from 11.30 am to 15.30 and 18.30 to re-open for drinks with dinner and to continue until after midnight with music and cocktails.
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Real Italian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were dying for a change from Moroccan or junk food, we stumbled across this Raid. As a typical restaurant in MArakech you wouldn't have even known it was there or how beautiful it was.
We arrived, had a started and a main each- service and food was amazing and reasonably price considering. Really good quality and what we are used to in England!

On our last night we just wanted to go one last time ( we went twice and went one day it was closed) we arrived half an hour early and was just hanging around as we desperately wanted to go there. The chef saw us and the owner let us in earlier whilst they were setting up!

We loved this and recommend to anyone!

• Visited September 2013

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Stumbled across tranquility”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Il Limone

We stumbled upon Il Limone whilst waking back from an Hamman and massage, so to find this quirky restaurant while so relaxed was an even greater joy! The marble floor and tables set illuminated by candles, the small water pool with floating rose petals and the exotic music in the background gave off a wonderful ambience of tranquility away from the madness of the streets. The staff, all young men, were extremely pleasant and ensured we understood what we had ordered from the Italian/French menu by repeating in English. We had a delightful little tomato salad and small slices of omelette before our starter which was half a dozen filo parcels with salad. We followed this with a simple tagine of chicken (with chips bizarrely) and a lamb dish with sweet fruits and local vegetables. Followed by coffee's. Both meals were simple and very well done, slightly salty (but that's a personal taste). Overall a relaxing and wonderfully eclectic mix of old and new at a very reasonable price €40. Definitely worth a visit.

Chicago, Illinois
“A nice break from Moroccan food, but not memorable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

After one night in Marrakech, we were sick of the typical Moroccan meal so ate Italian almost for the rest of our trip in Morocco. Our first choice, Pepe Nero was closed on Monday's so we settled for I Limoni. We took a cab from the Mellah, we could have walked but it would probably take about 30 minutes.

The atmosphere was nice, we sat in the courtyard surrounded by lemon trees and there was a tranquil fountain in the middle. To start we had the grilled vegetables and omelet/quiche- finally some fresh vegetables that I had been craving! We shared the lemon chicken- I would skip this next time- chicken was kind of slimy and the lemon sauce was a bit strange. We also had the duck ragu with tagliatelle which was just pasta with meat sauce. Overall, I would say the meal was ok, it wasn't amazing and I am not sure I would want to eat it again. It was just a nice break from Moroccan food.

The waiter was overly annoying asking us for our order. It took us awhile to translate the French menu on our iTranslate app (thank goodness they had wi-fi!) The owners didn't pay any attention to us at all, rather I felt like they were pushing our server to be quicker with taking our order. The owners seemed more interested in the Italian party that was sitting next to us.

I would recommend I Limoni just to get away from Moroccan food, to have something fresh and of average quality to eat that you know is probably safe, but not to have something that is overly enjoyable.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Davie, FL USA
“creative twist on Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had a fantastic meal at I Limoni. It was frustrating to find but then so are many other restaurants in the Old Town. After walking down a somewhat deserted alley, you enter through a low door and walk into a very eclectic atmosphere where the tables are in an open courtyard with real lemon trees. Recommend you take a taxi to save time and frustration.

I had linguine with Tomato and Basil. I use this dish I use as a measuring stick in my review of an Italian restaurant. It must be very simple yet delicious and it definitely was here. For main course I took a risk and ordered the Seppie with roasted peppers. I say risky because I have never seen these two ingredients combined before. The combo worked perfectly and the dish was delicious. My wife had the Tagliatelle with a ground duck ragu which was also very different but tasty. She had the lemon chicken which was very good but not great.

Another nice touch were two of the Italian owners who visited our table to make sure we were happy and welcomed our comments. The owners touch made this feel more Italian than another very good restaurant we dined in called Pepe Nero which lacked that. I highly recommend this restaurant.

marrakech
“When you are tired of tagines.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

An interesting menu served quickly in an attractive courtyard setting makes for a very pleasant change from Moroccan fare. Mostly Italian, the menu is varied and both my friend and I enjoyed our meals very much. Prices are reasonable and the waiting staff attentive but not overly so. The decor is ecclectic and pleasing to relax in with four shady orange trees.. The owner came over to check everything was fine. A fine addition to the Marrakech restaurant scene. No alcohol but lovely fruit panaches.

1 Thank shimmin2robertson