“creative twist on Italian food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 541 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: In the medina of marrakech, in the chaos of tangled alleys, suddenly, over a carved wooden door, a world unexpected. The patio shaded by lemon trees, a music descends from the sunny terraces and the scent of the best italian cuisine. The Restaurant & Cafe I Limoni offer a relaxing corner in a vintage flavor with a touch of modern design. You can listen to selections of the best music of the past and present while enjoying the traditional tuscan dishes of fish and meat, or just a club sandwich of crispy fries. We are open from 11.30 am to 15.30 and 18.30 to re-open for drinks with dinner and to continue until after midnight with music and cocktails.
Davie, FL USA
“creative twist on Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Had a fantastic meal at I Limoni. It was frustrating to find but then so are many other restaurants in the Old Town. After walking down a somewhat deserted alley, you enter through a low door and walk into a very eclectic atmosphere where the tables are in an open courtyard with real lemon trees. Recommend you take a taxi to save time and frustration.

I had linguine with Tomato and Basil. I use this dish I use as a measuring stick in my review of an Italian restaurant. It must be very simple yet delicious and it definitely was here. For main course I took a risk and ordered the Seppie with roasted peppers. I say risky because I have never seen these two ingredients combined before. The combo worked perfectly and the dish was delicious. My wife had the Tagliatelle with a ground duck ragu which was also very different but tasty. She had the lemon chicken which was very good but not great.

Another nice touch were two of the Italian owners who visited our table to make sure we were happy and welcomed our comments. The owners touch made this feel more Italian than another very good restaurant we dined in called Pepe Nero which lacked that. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013

marrakech
“When you are tired of tagines.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

An interesting menu served quickly in an attractive courtyard setting makes for a very pleasant change from Moroccan fare. Mostly Italian, the menu is varied and both my friend and I enjoyed our meals very much. Prices are reasonable and the waiting staff attentive but not overly so. The decor is ecclectic and pleasing to relax in with four shady orange trees.. The owner came over to check everything was fine. A fine addition to the Marrakech restaurant scene. No alcohol but lovely fruit panaches.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, England, United Kingdom
“Best place in Marrakech?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

This was top quality stuff. A lot of places say they cook Italian food in Marrakech but I doubt anywhere does it like here.

Fresh foccacia, hand made ravioli and gnocchi and carefully made delicious dishes all round. The antipasti was brilliant, and the dug ragu with tagliatelle was as good as you'll find anywhere in or outside of Italy. Service was friendly and attentive and the courtyard is picture perfect but with a bubbly atmosphere. Quiet, pretty and peaceful, right in the thick of the Northern part of the Medina. Prices were very reasonable given the standard of cooking - 200dh per person for shared starter and a main with non alcoholic drinks and tip.

Can't recommend enough - worth spending some time looking for, the only sign giving directions is on the wall of one of the main streets in the area. Good luck...

Cambridgeshire
“Quirky with great atmosphere and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Well worth trying to find, this is a great little place. The decor and the food were quirky (the obligatory bread came in a cute paper bag rather than the usual dull basket) and the chips were hand made crisps. Quality was great too and a reasonable choice for my veggie friend... especially compared to other Moroccan restaurants. Like another reviewer, we stumbled upon this whilst trying to find our way back to our Riad from the Souks. It had a lovely colourful doorway, which is what attracted us to it.
Highly recommended anyway!

• Visited May 2013
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“A gem in the old city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This one will surprise you. We would have never guessed that this fine restaurant was hiding in this neighborhood. Behind the doors is a beautiful restaurant, set in a wonderful courtyard, with well prepared food. A nice break from the tourist fare found too often in other places around the city.

• Visited May 2013