“A gem in the old city” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 616 Restaurants in Marrakech
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Moroccan
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: In the medina of marrakech, in the chaos of tangled alleys, suddenly, over a carved wooden door, a world unexpected. The patio shaded by lemon trees, a music descends from the sunny terraces and the scent of the best italian cuisine. The Restaurant & Cafe I Limoni offer a relaxing corner in a vintage flavor with a touch of modern design. You can listen to selections of the best music of the past and present while enjoying the traditional tuscan dishes of fish and meat, or just a club sandwich of crispy fries. We are open from 11.30 am to 15.30 and 18.30 to re-open for drinks with dinner and to continue until after midnight with music and cocktails.
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“A gem in the old city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This one will surprise you. We would have never guessed that this fine restaurant was hiding in this neighborhood. Behind the doors is a beautiful restaurant, set in a wonderful courtyard, with well prepared food. A nice break from the tourist fare found too often in other places around the city.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Channel Islands
“Welcoming and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

A spotless and attractive restaurant, obviously geared towards tourists and very welcoming to children. We ate Fruits de Mer Fritto Misto (125 dirham) and Beef couscous (90 dirham), both delicious and good value for the quality, followed by great coffee. Service is friendly and efficient - we really liked this place.

Visited May 2013
Milan, Italy
“what a surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

When I travel, I usually look for places where to eat local food. But even an Italian restaurant nowadays is to be considered "local" in a big city, and when a friend of mine suggested me to try I Limoni I was really positively surprised!
The guys who run the place are nice, cool and professional, Gabriele and Lily make you feel at home (I could actually call the restaurant "Dar I Limoni". Dar means house in arabic). The food is really good and freshly made.
Not to talk about the place...a wonderful old house in the heart of the medina. Cool and fresh at lunch time and romantic and atmospheric in the evening. A place to go, and to stay.
Carlo

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Palo Alto, California
“Delicious food, hip place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I Limoni offered a great break from the typical tagine/couscous/pastilla meal in Marrakech. As soon as we walked into the restaurant, we fell in love with the place when we saw the Bob Dylan poster in the hall. The owner is very friendly, the food was delicious, and the service was great. Our only concern is that this restaurant is a little off the beaten path, so it takes some effort to get there and find the place. We wish the owners well and really want this place to succeed (the restaurant has only been open for a few months). Please visit while you are in Marrakech, definitely worth it.

Visited April 2013
Florida
“Pretty good Italian food, probably great for Marrakech”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We ate in two Italian restaurants while in Morocco, and we really enjoyed this one. Admittedly, we were pretty sick of tagines by this point, so maybe anything decent would have seemed exciting, but it was much better than most of the food we had in Marrakech, which is not - shocker - the great culinary mecca you might think it is. The interior garden was very pleasant, too. The only real problem was that I don't think the neighborhood was as nice as the one by our Riad. We walked about 30 minutes to get there, but they didn't open until 7, so we had 45 minutes to kill, which was fine, except that we had some very insistent young men trying to convince us to go to another restaurant instead. When we told them we would wait for this one they got rude, and one of them actually grabbed my 22-year-old daughter's bottom. We had to get very angry with them to get them to leave. So, you might want to take a taxi and come after 7 pm.

• Visited March 2013