“what a surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 529 restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: In the medina of marrakech, in the chaos of tangled alleys, suddenly, over a carved wooden door, a world unexpected. The patio shaded by lemon trees, a music descends from the sunny terraces and the scent of the best italian cuisine. The Restaurant & Cafe I Limoni offer a relaxing corner in a vintage flavor with a touch of modern design. You can listen to selections of the best music of the past and present while enjoying the traditional tuscan dishes of fish and meat, or just a club sandwich of crispy fries. We are open from 11.30 am to 15.30 and 18.30 to re-open for drinks with dinner and to continue until after midnight with music and cocktails.
Milan, Italy
“what a surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

When I travel, I usually look for places where to eat local food. But even an Italian restaurant nowadays is to be considered "local" in a big city, and when a friend of mine suggested me to try I Limoni I was really positively surprised!
The guys who run the place are nice, cool and professional, Gabriele and Lily make you feel at home (I could actually call the restaurant "Dar I Limoni". Dar means house in arabic). The food is really good and freshly made.
Not to talk about the place...a wonderful old house in the heart of the medina. Cool and fresh at lunch time and romantic and atmospheric in the evening. A place to go, and to stay.
Carlo

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Palo Alto, California
“Delicious food, hip place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I Limoni offered a great break from the typical tagine/couscous/pastilla meal in Marrakech. As soon as we walked into the restaurant, we fell in love with the place when we saw the Bob Dylan poster in the hall. The owner is very friendly, the food was delicious, and the service was great. Our only concern is that this restaurant is a little off the beaten path, so it takes some effort to get there and find the place. We wish the owners well and really want this place to succeed (the restaurant has only been open for a few months). Please visit while you are in Marrakech, definitely worth it.

Visited April 2013
Florida
“Pretty good Italian food, probably great for Marrakech”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We ate in two Italian restaurants while in Morocco, and we really enjoyed this one. Admittedly, we were pretty sick of tagines by this point, so maybe anything decent would have seemed exciting, but it was much better than most of the food we had in Marrakech, which is not - shocker - the great culinary mecca you might think it is. The interior garden was very pleasant, too. The only real problem was that I don't think the neighborhood was as nice as the one by our Riad. We walked about 30 minutes to get there, but they didn't open until 7, so we had 45 minutes to kill, which was fine, except that we had some very insistent young men trying to convince us to go to another restaurant instead. When we told them we would wait for this one they got rude, and one of them actually grabbed my 22-year-old daughter's bottom. We had to get very angry with them to get them to leave. So, you might want to take a taxi and come after 7 pm.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Holmfirth
“Simple tasty food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We were completely lost & found this place by accident. Inside there is a lovely courtyard with lemon trees. The restaurant is owned by an Italian lady, & the service is very friendly & efficient.
The pasta house special was delicious, simply pasta, olive oil & lemon zest. There were a few veggie options as well as steak, duck etc on the menu.
Well worth a visit if you are up in the north of the souk.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toulouse, France
“Service started well but ended in the well!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

All smiles and a warm welcome. No wine list or beers. Had to take a taxi to and from it as is not easy to get to and not close to a taxi waiting area. Food was nothing special - really quite a let down. My daughter liked her basic food but we waited so long for the second course of her very simple pasta, and yet guests who arrived after us got sat and served in the meantime. We ordered a second glass of their house special, but it never arrived. We finally decided to just leave and then my daughter's second plate of simple pasta finally came out. She ate it quickly but it took an incredible amount of time and save for her being happy, our pasta dish was boring (pesto). Big let down! We couldn't get into Pepe Nero so this was our second choice...it was not a good choice.

Visited March 2013