“Simple tasty food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #68 of 533 restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: In the medina of marrakech, in the chaos of tangled alleys, suddenly, over a carved wooden door, a world unexpected. The patio shaded by lemon trees, a music descends from the sunny terraces and the scent of the best italian cuisine. The Restaurant & Cafe I Limoni offer a relaxing corner in a vintage flavor with a touch of modern design. You can listen to selections of the best music of the past and present while enjoying the traditional tuscan dishes of fish and meat, or just a club sandwich of crispy fries. We are open from 11.30 am to 15.30 and 18.30 to re-open for drinks with dinner and to continue until after midnight with music and cocktails.
Holmfirth
“Simple tasty food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We were completely lost & found this place by accident. Inside there is a lovely courtyard with lemon trees. The restaurant is owned by an Italian lady, & the service is very friendly & efficient.
The pasta house special was delicious, simply pasta, olive oil & lemon zest. There were a few veggie options as well as steak, duck etc on the menu.
Well worth a visit if you are up in the north of the souk.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Toulouse, France
“Service started well but ended in the well!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

All smiles and a warm welcome. No wine list or beers. Had to take a taxi to and from it as is not easy to get to and not close to a taxi waiting area. Food was nothing special - really quite a let down. My daughter liked her basic food but we waited so long for the second course of her very simple pasta, and yet guests who arrived after us got sat and served in the meantime. We ordered a second glass of their house special, but it never arrived. We finally decided to just leave and then my daughter's second plate of simple pasta finally came out. She ate it quickly but it took an incredible amount of time and save for her being happy, our pasta dish was boring (pesto). Big let down! We couldn't get into Pepe Nero so this was our second choice...it was not a good choice.

Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A true gem - amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

After 3 days of eating tagine for lunch and dinner, my husband and I could not do it anymore. We are Italians but we never eat in Italian restaurants when we are on holiday as we want to taste the local food. However, because we were so bored, we decided to give in and after a careful review, we chose this restaurant. OMG: this was one of the BEST meals not only in Marrakech but in a while for us. I had the spaghetti I lLmoni: perfection. Very fresh ingredients and a wonderful flavour. My husband had the gnocchi which were also very tasty. We then ordered seppie with peppers: this was truly delicious. Amazing fish with wonderful vegetables. And to end, we had strawberries: very simple, light and just delightful. I wish they had a branch in London! We loved this place. The service was very attentive and the owner is very kind. Top marks across the board from a very fussy and well traveled couple like us!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Monmouth, United Kingdom
“Dine in lemon scented heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

From the moment we stepped into the spacious lemon blossom scented restaurant the evening was perfect. From the warm welcome from the owner to the super efficient and smiling service. Food was gorgeous - fresh and tasty salad starter, lemon spaghetti and one of the best puds I can ever remember eating (choc gateaux really undersells it) - so good I even resented the mouthful my husband begged. And the bill - exceptional value at £60 - our big dilemma now is how to match it tonight. Even the horrible rip off taxi driver who charged us double on the way home didn't spoil it - just be warned not to assume the same price for the same driver - ask before you get in. So good we've booked again tonight.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great chill arabic jazz sone with lemonscent.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great new place with a chill atmosphere in beautiful sorroundings. Not to expensive and lemontrees in the artium that smell lovely. I really liked it.