“A busy street with nice treats” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chez Abdou

Chez Abdou
A proximite de la place Jaama efna, en face d'un restaurant Brahim 2, Marrakech, Morocco
Improve this listing
Ranked #516 of 587 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: French, Moroccan
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Naples, Italy
“A busy street with nice treats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

The wife and I were walking down the crowded streets of the madina and saw this hand painted sign for fresh home cooked food. The chief/owner greeted us was a large smile and pointed us to one of the outdoor tables.
He suggested the veggies and grilled meats. It's something about eating in Marrakech's crazy streets that gives the food an extra flavor.
The grilled meat was just perfect. The veggie dish had all the right spices.
He let us try a sweet dish made with pigeon. Much to my surprise, the dish was very tasty.

That goes to show you, you can never judge a restaurant from the outside

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Do avoid!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Terrible place: the guy is a crook - he started by lying about what was available on the menu, pointing the most expensive dishes as being the only one available. Then when we told him we did not like these dishes, miracle! the other dishes were suddenly available. Anyway, we ask for those and when i was about to pay (in advance), he inflated the price by 50%! I told him that the prices were on the menu and that he was not very clever about the way he tried to rip us off...as I am able to count! He said "but I have to prepare the dishes"...yes, you are ...like any restaurant! Anyway, we left the place and he was shouting behind. 2 days later we walked past it and I wanted to take a picture of his sign listing names of chefs, with his very creative spelling....he jumped and came in front of me to stop me taking a picture if I was not eating there. TO BE AVOIDED: crook + terrible man.
We ended up eating on the main square, a palce called Toubkal, and it was very good and managed by honest people.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

If you value your health then avoid this place, the food was poorly cooked and the bit of chicken I had, caused me stomach problems. The prices are a rip off and the rude owner is very sly.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong, China
“dishonest chef but the targine is alright”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The targine with figs and almond is alright, but the lamb skewer tastes like chicken. We ordered one serving of chicken couscous there came two small plates without chicken. We ended up being charged the price of two serving of vegetable couscous. The pastilla with chicken as dessert, just small size of cookie was over-priced as 50dh !!! Avoid it, there are more targine around...

• Visited January 2013